Windows 10: Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites"

Discus and support Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just received a fairly new computer back from the shop where I had to have the SSHD reimaged with Windows10. The computer seems to have developed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stu K, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Stu K Win User

Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites"

Just received a fairly new computer back from the shop where I had to have the SSHD reimaged with Windows10. The computer seems to have developed and issue with its "Favorites" file:

1) You can not easily arrange the contents of the file.

2) The "Favorites Bar" folder - the system keeps trying to make it the FIRST folder in the list of links and folders. You can move it up, you can move it down, within a couple seconds, it always returns to the top position.

3) Moving certain folders up or down, is difficult. For example, I have a folder marked "Cars" that I want at the top, but it keeps being reset to the bottom position in the list of folders and links. (It behaves opposite to what the "Favorites Bar" folder does.

I have Chrome on my desktop as well, which I use a great deal.

My question is what would cause this behavior and how does it get fixed?

As for Edge, I hate the interface. Yes, I understand that in time, Internet Explorer will go away and fade into oblivion. However "Switch to Edge," is not the solution to this issue.

:)

Stu K, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

unable to restore favorites in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

I can understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

How to restore the favorite’s folder in Internet Explorer.

• To open the Registry Editor, click Start.
    • Type regedit into the Start Search field.
    • Press Enter.
    • Find Favorites under the following Registry keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\Shell folders

HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell folders

• Right click it and select Modify. The Edit String dialog will open.
    • Verify that the Value Data field contains the correct location of your Favorites folder. If it does not, enter the right location to restore your missing Favorites folder to Internet Explorer.
    C:\Users\NetID\Favorites

• Close the registry editor.
    • Open Internet Explorer to confirm that your favorites are there.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Internet explorer 11 favorite bar dissappers

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might also occur due to some third party program causing the issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.
    I would also suggest to check if the issue persists in no add-ons mode.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Favorites list IE 11

Hi Vernon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue.

1. Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1: How to reset Internet Explorer settings.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings.
    We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Refer the link to import favorites in Internet Explorer.

Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Pavan_N, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites" - Similar Threads - Problems Internet Explorer

2. Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge: How can I Transfer favorites from Internet Explore to edge? 175754
  3. Internet Problem with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problem with internet explorer: I'm facing one problem daily when i started my computer. I'm using lan cable for internet i saw the internet icon there is internet access but my internet is not working because of internet explorer setthing automatically proxy on by default. When i save the setting and...
  4. Internet Explorer problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer problem: So I recently got a surface book 2, Im currently in my hotel trying to set it up but whenever I go on google or any site (even the microsoft store) it says: (this site is not secure, this means that someone is trying to fool you or steal your info). Is this happening because...
  5. Problems with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Internet Explorer: Well last night put the last nail in the coffin for iexplorer in Windows 10 for me *Sad I was ordering computer parts on Newegg and got 2 items in cart and could not get the 3rd one to display on webpage in iexplorer. It got to the point I could not even open their main...
  6. Favorites Keeps Changing Order When Internet Explorer 11 is Closed

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites Keeps Changing Order When Internet Explorer 11 is Closed: Hi Experts, Here is a good one for you, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit) and I have an issue with Favourites that keep unsorting on me when I close Internet Explorer 11? Anyone know the trick to keep all my Favourites in my order? I done as much as...
  7. Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...: Hi, My IE11 is playing up in that the 'add current tab to favourite' option is greyed out. I've Googled for a solution but without any luck. This morning I reset IE but that has not helped. I've been using Edge but according to the Event Viewer it 'stops working' dozens of...
  8. where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    where are internet explorer favorites stored in windows 10?: still using internet explorer at times, but my favorites are old, and I want to delete them all, and import my current ones from Cyberfox, but cant find any info on where these are kept now.. thanks! 24674
  9. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. favorites ie 11 problem

2. ie 11 windows 10 favorites issue