Windows 10: Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

Discus and support Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by paul4dc, Jun 24, 2020.

1. paul4dc Win User

Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the windows key.

This issue occurs when:

-I'm typing a url in Chrome/Edge

-Using cortana search

-Searching on Facebook and Typing messages

-Searching in Youtube

It doesnt delete all text in Microsoft Office and Notepad but it still can't drag icons etc until I press the windows key.

P.S This doesn't happen when i press g and h using on screen keyboard. It only happens when I use the built in laptop keyboard.

Thank you to whoever responds!

:)

paul4dc, Jun 24, 2020

2. g and h keys not working

g and h keys not working

whenever I type g and h keys they either tend to reload the page or on notepad spams the date.

I am using windows 10.

EpicAllMighto, Jun 24, 2020
  3. g and h keys are not working in Windows 10

Already keyboard taster fault.

You need to replace the keyboard for new one.

type the following on the Cortana Search bar

On Screen Keyboard

if work the g and h tasters you need to replace the keyboard.

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

g and h keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues using keyboard on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Are you using a desktop or laptop? If desktop then, what is the make and model of the keyboard?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?
    5. Are you using any keyboard modifier software?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try running the keyboard troubleshooter and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I keys to launch
      Settings.
    2. Now click on Update & security and click on
      Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Keyboard.
    4. Now click Run the
      troubleshooter
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

1. Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H" - Similar Threads - Problems Keyboard keys

2. My esc, g, and h keys randomly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My esc, g, and h keys randomly stopped working.: I have never had this problem before! It randomly happened today. I tried uninstalling the PS/2 keyboard from Device Manager, and after restarting, the problem was fixed, but now that the computer has once again restarted, the problem persists. Please help!...
  3. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not workingwhenever I type g and h keys they don't work until the 10th time i press them.I am using a brand new surface laptop 5.thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ea76784e-fef0-4a33-b3c7-99a10982720f
  4. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not workingwhenever I type g and h keys they don't work until the 10th time i press them.I am using a brand new surface laptop 5.thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ea76784e-fef0-4a33-b3c7-99a10982720f
  5. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working

Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working: My Samsung laptop keys w, e, g, h are not working I have tried advance troubleshooter it said no need for update or changes made it is two years old windows 10 OS never had such a problem before can you help?...
  7. Keyboard key "H" issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard key "H" issues.: So I have a custom built Windows 10 gaming PC that is giving me problems. It has been working fine up until I mad a small mistake and was forced to wipe and restore my PC earlier this week. After the restore i noticed that the lower case H key is not responding. Now if i turn...
  8. Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.: Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing...
  9. Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.: Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing...
  10. g and h keys not working

g and h keys not working: g and h keys not working whenever I type g and h keys they either tend to reload the page or on notepad spams the date. I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ace034ea-884c-4f0e-9b17-a5c609d46e97

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop keys G and H are not working