Windows 10: Problems with latest update

Discus and support Problems with latest update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have downloaded and installed the latest version of Windows 10, version 2004 build 19401.264 and now everything is locked up and I can't do a thing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bluenose1940, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Problems with latest update

i have downloaded and installed the latest version of Windows 10, version 2004 build 19401.264 and now everything is locked up and I can't do a thing. If I try to get onto the internet |i just get a message telling me that Edge is not responding.

If I try to run Malwarebytes it gets stuck at scanning the startup section. Trying to open anything just isn't working.

I am using this forum via my laptop at the moment.

Someone suggested that I roll back the update and then block it but I can't get at anything to do that and in any case I wouldn't know where to start.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems please? Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Jun 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Problems with latest update

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Problems with latest update

1. Problems with latest update - Similar Threads - Problems latest update

2. Problem after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  3. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  4. Latest update problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update problem: Hello, after last update, I can not run some of my apps: Creative cloud Mailbird There are these errors: 0xc000007b VLRUNTIME140.dll missing MSVCP140.dll missing Can you advice me what to do ? I have everything updated and still it does not work. I bought this...
  5. latest update problems

latest update problems: My computer is so screwed up after update a few days ago. It wiped out my office 10 and also Adobe Cloud. My assure plan seems to not matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-problems/e1e47d91-c0e9-4966-aba2-5e491f0f6ed1
  6. Problem with latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with latest update: I used chrome for everything, but after the update I wasn't able to get any audio(I have done all my setting checks, reinstall, and restarted PC) so now I'm using edge. It was going fine until I today where it just nonstop screeched when I loaded it(it sounded like a fire...
  7. Display problem with latest update

Display problem with latest update: After the latest update (KB4517389), my PC screen is only displaying about 3/4 of window, with a small duplicate window in the upper left corner. I've tried to uninstall the latest update, but problem still exists. Any ideas?...
  8. latest update PROBLEMS!!

latest update PROBLEMS!!: My computer repair company says it is the latest Windows 10 update that caused this ---- When I TRY to first sign on to any of my favorites (facebook, target, banking, etc) the windows homescreen has moved a tad to the right and I DO NOT have A SCROLL BAR AT ALL to use....
  9. Problem with latest update

Problem with latest update: I restarted yesterday and it completed the update but I still get this message: [ATTACH] What's the problem? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-update/f2764574-864c-4797-bce4-c8e552e9d214
  10. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    latest update problems: 19 days ago i was having issues with performance but that was fixed with a simple GFX drv reinstall and it was problem free. Now noticed Win10 had updates pending, kb4088776 & 4088785. installed fine, restarted ok but now i'm getting intermittent freezes, when trying to...