Windows 10: Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10.

Discus and support Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A friend of mine just updated his desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now Live Mail fails to open correctly. I get the splash screen and the wait... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 3rdpig, Aug 13, 2015.

1. 3rdpig Win User

Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10.

A friend of mine just updated his desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now Live Mail fails to open correctly. I get the splash screen and the wait pointer and nothing. If I open Task Manager and close it, then Live Mail will load (sometimes I have to do it twice) but the title bar is transparent and not all the controls work. I've tried a repair procedure, and uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I'm also not getting Compatibility Mode as an option in the icon properties.

I've suggested that he just use a different email program but he seems locked into WLM.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

:)

3rdpig, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Jim 69 Win User

How to import some folders in Windows Live Mail

Original Title: Windows 10 Mail

I just upgraded from Windows 7 (Live Mail) to Windows 10. After importing email accounts from 7 to 10, only some of my folders transferred. How do I transfer remaining folders from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail, and set up new folders?

Jim 69, Aug 13, 2015
  3. whozis Win User
    Windows live mail 2012 in Windows 10

I tried the Wlarp and repair all Windows Live Essentials programs, and it fixed my problem, which was that the Windows Live Mail would not install after the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

whozis, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10.

1. Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10. - Similar Threads - Problems Live Mail

2. Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update: SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON mAY 20 HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL. ONLY PART VISIBLE ON SCREEN AND DOES NOT REACT AT ALL - hELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-failure-after-windows-10-update/1f7262f3-4434-477a-9146-fc7ffe1e3bbd
  3. Problem with Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows Live Mail.: I am using window 10 now. I know that Microsoft no longer supports windows live mail, but I have been using it for many years, and I have a lot of files and saved e-mails on it. For the past 3 or 4 weeks windows live mail has been having a lot of difficulty recognizing my...
  4. Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10: As Live Mail Windows 7 and Mail Windows 10 are Microsoft products, How do I import my contacts from Live Mail in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10? If it is not possible why not - they are /Microsoft products?...
  5. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  6. Windows live mail....problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail....problem: It used to work great, now since the anniversary update I get this [img] I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing helps. 62020
  7. Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10: I am running Windows Live Mail 2011 on my desktop computer. I have a new Windows 10 desktop computer. How do I move it to Windows 10? I use Time Warner POP email server. Thanks, cb 78922
  8. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  9. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  10. Restoring Live Mail via Acronis TI from Win 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Live Mail via Acronis TI from Win 7: My wife's 5-y-o Win 7 machine died recently. I used Acronis True Image to backup her Windows Live Mail account onto an external hard drive. If I restore/recover it to her new Win 10 machine, will I be able to access the backup files with the Mail client of Windows 10? Thanks...