Windows 10: Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10.

Discus and support Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A friend of mine just updated his desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now Live Mail fails to open correctly. I get the splash screen and the wait... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 3rdpig, Aug 13, 2015.

1. 3rdpig Win User

Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10.

A friend of mine just updated his desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now Live Mail fails to open correctly. I get the splash screen and the wait pointer and nothing. If I open Task Manager and close it, then Live Mail will load (sometimes I have to do it twice) but the title bar is transparent and not all the controls work. I've tried a repair procedure, and uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I'm also not getting Compatibility Mode as an option in the icon properties.

I've suggested that he just use a different email program but he seems locked into WLM.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

:)

3rdpig, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Jim 69 Win User

How to import some folders in Windows Live Mail

Original Title: Windows 10 Mail

I just upgraded from Windows 7 (Live Mail) to Windows 10. After importing email accounts from 7 to 10, only some of my folders transferred. How do I transfer remaining folders from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail, and set up new folders?

Jim 69, Aug 13, 2015
  3. whozis Win User
    Windows live mail 2012 in Windows 10

I tried the Wlarp and repair all Windows Live Essentials programs, and it fixed my problem, which was that the Windows Live Mail would not install after the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

whozis, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10.

1. Problems with Live Mail after update from 7 to 10. - Similar Threads - Problems Live Mail

2. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  3. Live Mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail problem: I use Live Mail, the 2012 version, and this morning my Inbox was missing. I still have Quick Views, Outbox and Storage Folders, but no in box. I use Yahoo email through ATT and all of the folders are there when I log into my email with ATT. Last night when I shut the pc...
  4. Live mail after the update

Live mail after the update: After the last update windows live mail stopped working, I applied the fix of adding the 3 dword entries to the registry, that took care of the problem of sending and receiving mail. However it did not fix the issue of my existing mail before the update, the contents of...
  5. Live Mail update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail update: Recent update to my PC 11/2020 has caused me not to be able to send or receive any mail on my Live Mail account.I have to use my I-pad.How can I fix this please! Marilyng...
  6. windows live mail problem

windows live mail problem: windows live mail says "Message could not be displayed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-problem/764573b4-f3d3-449b-8b77-3d68302fb704
  7. Windows 10 update / windows live mail problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update / windows live mail problem: Can somebody please help? since my last update windows 10 i cannot view my emails correctly in windows live mail. It is coming uo with an error message regarding too low memory and disk space. ive tried clearing some space although i dont think this is the problem. im...
  8. Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10

Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10: As Live Mail Windows 7 and Mail Windows 10 are Microsoft products, How do I import my contacts from Live Mail in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10? If it is not possible why not - they are /Microsoft products?...
  9. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  10. Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail From Windows 7 to 10: I am running Windows Live Mail 2011 on my desktop computer. I have a new Windows 10 desktop computer. How do I move it to Windows 10? I use Time Warner POP email server. Thanks, cb 78922