Windows 10: Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update.

Discus and support Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a windows 10 update last night and when I booted up this morning I had to sign back into everything, my google account, reddit, steam, discord,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snazzle-Frazzle, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update.

I got a windows 10 update last night and when I booted up this morning I had to sign back into everything, my google account, reddit, steam, discord, etc. No big deal, but the problem is, when I close any browser or program, It doesn't save the login info and it doesn't automatically log me any more, even when I click "stay logged in" and "remember this device." This is very annoying because I have 2FA on everything so it sucks to have to bust out my authentication app every time I open chrome.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so, have you found a workaround for this?

submitted by /u/Snazzle-Frazzle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snazzle-Frazzle, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Microsoft 365 and Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

4. Vesao Win User

Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update.

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update.

1. Problems with logging into accounts after yesterday's update. - Similar Threads - Problems logging accounts

2. Microsoft account worked to log in yesterday, why not today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft account worked to log in yesterday, why not today?: Account worked up through yesterday, today it says it doesn't exist. Tried to "create new" and use the same email address, says it already exists. Tried this on 3 different computers. What's up here?...
  3. Microsoft account worked to log in yesterday, why not today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account worked to log in yesterday, why not today?: Account worked up through yesterday, today it says it doesn't exist. Tried to "create new" and use the same email address, says it already exists. Tried this on 3 different computers. What's up here?...
  4. Microsoft account worked to log in yesterday, why not today?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CAN'T LOG IN ON MY LAPTOP AFTER UPDATE YESTERDAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T LOG IN ON MY LAPTOP AFTER UPDATE YESTERDAY: I'm using the latest dash f15 laptop, I received an update yesterday and that is also the day I put password on my account. Today, it won't let me sign in even tho I believe I have my passwords correct. I tried logging in to microsoft live using the same password and it...
  6. CAN'T LOG IN ON MY LAPTOP AFTER UPDATE YESTERDAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN'T LOG IN ON MY LAPTOP AFTER UPDATE YESTERDAY: I'm using the latest dash f15 laptop, I received an update yesterday and that is also the day I put password on my account. Today, it won't let me sign in even tho I believe I have my passwords correct. I tried logging in to microsoft live using the same password and it...
  7. Log on problems after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on problems after windows update: Last year i forgot my password to sign in to my account and had to do a factory reset on my laptop and lost everything. To avoid this ever happening again, i set up access with facial recognition and a pin and have used one or the other to log on every time i access my...
  8. No Sound After Yesterday's Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound After Yesterday's Update: Updated yesterday and now no sound. I tired 2 or 3 times to delete the devices and each time, except the last time, they were reinstalled without an issue. It's a Dell PC (desktop) and I believe it was a Realtek audio card. The only audo device that is now displayed is "2770...
  9. Local user account gone after yesterdays update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account gone after yesterdays update: My local useraccounts are missing form de login page since yesterdays update. Also: I have to hit ctrl-alt-del now on the login page before the update I could just start typing my password to log in withut pressing ctrl-alt-del. The directory containing the local account on...
  10. Low FPS after Update yesterday!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS after Update yesterday!: So yesterday i applied new thermal paste to my laptop and i had to update when turning it off, my temperatures went down by 10C even when gaming, do these frame drops im having is not about the thermal paste being applied in a bad manner. When raiding last night in World of...