Windows 10: Problems with login to desktop.

Discus and support Problems with login to desktop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday I updated to Windows 10 and for that day everything ran smoothly. Today when I try to log on to my desktop, it said the password was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SVG_1909, Jan 16, 2020.

1. SVG_1909 Win User

Problems with login to desktop.

Yesterday I updated to Windows 10 and for that day everything ran smoothly.

Today when I try to log on to my desktop, it said the password was incorrect even though I'm a 100% sure it is correct.

I tried to startup in safe mode but I could not do this since my keyboard stopped working when I got to the menu.

After 8 restarts and a keyboard switch on the last try, my pc, for lack of a beter description, relented, and I was able to log on.

Now I want to try to change the password with the second keyboard that I just used to log on, but Windows says it is incorrect. Even though I used it to log on less then 5 minutes before.

Now I don't want to log off out of dread that I will have login problems again.

To sum up:

First keyboard failed to log on.

Seceond keyboard worked, strangly enough.

Both keyboard type the exact same characters, I checked this.

When getting to the choice menu to try and startup in safe mode, both keyboard do not accept input.

Any advice?

:)

SVG_1909, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Problems with login to desktop.

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Problems with login to desktop.

1. Problems with login to desktop. - Similar Threads - Problems login desktop

2. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  3. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  4. Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop: System: Window 11, 64 bit. Downloaded from Microsoft app store and installed. After entering my ID error was displayed "...try later..." repeatedly. I work fine before one week. I have tried to discuss on chat help from Microsoft they tried but failed and suggested to post on...
  5. Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop: System: Window 11, 64 bit. Downloaded from Microsoft app store and installed. After entering my ID error was displayed "...try later..." repeatedly. I work fine before one week. I have tried to discuss on chat help from Microsoft they tried but failed and suggested to post on...
  6. Login problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login problem: Hello, I had some issues with my computer so I sent it to get repair. After that it came with a new user "tester" they used while repairing it. Now always when I am starting the computer the first thing appears is "Tester: The name of user and the password are incorrect....
  7. Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness: Good day ! I have a work computer for purely accounting purposes that's why I rule out a virus, as the only "other" thing I do on it is YouTube. About 1 of the 2 power-ups is "problematic", which means that I wait a long time after entering the password about 30...
  8. Login Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Problem: I am entering right password to login to my laptop. But it is showing that entered User ID or Password is wrong. As advised by Microsoft I have changed my password at login.live.com . Even though it is showing the same thing. Forgot my password option is also not working....
  9. Desktop Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Login: Hi, can anyone help as how to disable my password to log in. I only wanted to try it out but now can't disable it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks....
  10. Login problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login problems: I am having to use my laptop to try and solve my wife’s login problems, we both normally login without passwords, that’s how we both prefer it. Lately however when she logged in she sometimes had to put in a password and sometimes not. This may be due to the surprising...