Windows 10: Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit

Discus and support Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago my pc had the problem of having a problem awaking from sleep mode. It would start running (fans, lights, etc) then turn off, repeat,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by spiritanimal, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit

So a few weeks ago my pc had the problem of having a problem awaking from sleep mode. It would start running (fans, lights, etc) then turn off, repeat, then finally turn on. Tried modifying the C-states to no avail, but eventually just decided to deal with it. I had also noticed that booting up would take much longer than usual, so I figured to get an NVME SSD hoping that it would fix it.

Installed the ssd, reinstalled windows, and installed the driver and changed BIOS settings. The PC POSTs very quickly, but then loading the OS takes almost a minute and a half (longer than with my previous SSD). Eventually I decided to try WPR and WPA to dig deeper and lo and behold, SessionInit seems to be taking the bulk of the time.

Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit [​IMG]

I'm still pretty new to the program and tried finding similar cases to no luck. If anyone better versed could give me some insight as to the problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Until I found this software, I accepted that it was most likely a motherboard/PSU problem and was ready to get in touch with the manufacturers. Thank you in advance Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit :)

Dropbox - WPAfile.zip - Simplify your life

:)

spiritanimal, Jun 13, 2019
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Galant Win User
    Very long boot-times with DVD-drive?

Hi guys,

got a lil problem here. My machine takes very long to boot. It sits @ that windows-knight-rider screen and the blue line is crossing about 10-12 times before anything happens. Yesterday i had to disconnect my DVD to connect my reserve hdd and see... it boots after
    3 or 4 times of that line passing. Is that coz i got a bad driver or bad firmware there....Don´t know if driver makes difference coz i think windows got 1 generic and it don´t affect my secondary DVD drive... any suggestions?

Galant, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit

1. Problems with long boot times, WPA indicates SessionInit - Similar Threads - Problems long boot

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  6. Long Booting time of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long Booting time of windows: Hey , I am using a HP 15-ac122tu model laptop and it takes a long time to boot up around 30 min or long.Windows 10 is my operating system and when it's opened i experience more lag than never before.What should i do I tried some fixes on youtube but none of the worked....
  7. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd: For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem. Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm submitted by /u/gamingbro697 [link]...
  8. Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace

Windows 10 extremely long boot time, need help analyzing WPA trace: Hello, Just updated my Acer Aspire E17 laptop to windows 10 and it takes ages to boot, almost 5 minutes until it's usable. It was slow before on Win 8.1 but not this slow. Windows is installed on an HDD, Win10 version 1901(Build 18363.592). Quick specs: CPU i5-5200U, Nvidia...
  9. Long Boot Up Time

Long Boot Up Time: Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors. After powering up, I notice that the Blue Windows Logo shows up twice on solid black background, with animated spinning dots (CW), then thereafter that goes...
  10. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...