Windows 10: Problems With Macrium Restore

Discus and support Problems With Macrium Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TexasBandit, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Problems With Macrium Restore

I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows updates: KB4532693 and KB4538764. I have essentially eliminated Windows as the culprit by running an repair/install successfully. Windows Update downloaded and installed updates during the process. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Macrium several times to no avail.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a resolution? What is an alternative to Macrium if I cannot get the restore process to work? I did create a System Image as a backup measure.

:)

TexasBandit, Feb 13, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Problems With Macrium Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2020
  4. fdegrove Win User

Problems With Macrium Restore

System Image Problem

Hi Nick,

No need to stress.
    Since the dl of the windows install media failed twice in a row already we are going to do as Bill suggests.
    No use wasting another day on it at this point.

Here is a description of the steps to follow:

- Connect the external drive that contains the Macrium images we made.

-Boot off of the Macrium rescue CD. Make the necessary changes in bios so booting from CD is the highest on the boot order priority list or use the machine's bootmenu (Fn key ? ) to select to boot off of CD.

- From within Macrium select restore. Browse for image 0_SysRes etc. and load it in Macrium.

- Select the drive to restore to: your c: drive. Make sure it is the correct drive. Only one internal drive should be connected at this point.

-Drag and drop the loaded backup image to the beginning of the C:\ partition. It must be fully at the left of the partition.

- Click restore and confirm.

- Once it has finished close Macrium. It will automatically reboot.

-Boot again off of the CD.

-Macrium loads and select restore again.

-Browse for and select 1_Windows from the backup drive. Select the same destination drive and drag and drop it right next to the small partition we just restored. Click restore, confirm the overwrite and let it finish.

-Again close Macrium and reboot once more off of the cd.

-In Macrium on the top left hand side there a menu option that reads something along these lines (I'll load it in a few minutes to verify and correct if necessary) : "Fix Windows boot problems".
    Click it.

-Let it finish and reboot off the main hard drive this time.

- Cross your fingers and hopefully Windows will start up.

I suggest not doing this immediately. I hope Bill will have a look at the suggested steps and correct any if need be.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Problems With Macrium Restore

1. Problems With Macrium Restore - Similar Threads - Problems Macrium Restore

2. Restore Problem Using Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Problem Using Macrium: I can backup my system just fine using Macrium. However, when I try to restore it, I encounter all kinds of problems. I have attached screenshots of these issues. I honestly don't know how to fix them, and any help would be most appreciated. I am running Windows version 20H2...
  3. Problems With Macrium Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  4. Macrium Restore clone problem

Macrium Restore clone problem: I'm tryingto clone an internal HDD to an external USB HDD and I keep getting this error message. Can anyone help resolve the problem please? [img] Win 10 Pro. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 145904
  5. Macrium: trial restore?

Macrium: trial restore?: So far I've never had to restore an image and I'm not brave enough to wipe my OS as an experiment. But I have plenty of disk capacity, either on my internal 4 TB D or one of my external USB drives. So as a second-best is it possible to restore my OS disk C image (135 GB) to...
  6. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  7. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  8. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  9. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  10. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...