Windows 10: Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts

Discus and support Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is my problem: I have 3 different accounts on my Mail app on Windows 10. 1- Personal Gmail 2- Business#1 Gmail 3- Business#2 Private server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by allanmarinv, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts

This is my problem: I have 3 different accounts on my Mail app on Windows 10.

1- Personal Gmail

2- Business#1 Gmail

3- Business#2 Private server

Each account has been set up with a different name, so the mail name display accordingly, however, I've been noticing that all emails are going with the same name, sometimes wrong; with that being said, sometimes I send an e-mail to one of my customers with Business#1 but he gets the mail under my personal name or my Business#2 name. I have already tried deleting and re-configuring all the accounts several times, changing my main user account configuration and following all the "possible" solutions online most of them really outdated.

I refuse to pay$49 for a one time consultation with Microsoft customer support. It really amaze me, for bad, how bad this is in times where companies are competing to offer the best customer service and support experience. I need HELP with this PLEASE!

Allan.

:)

allanmarinv, Mar 5, 2020

2. Different names when sending from different accounts

I have several mail accounts on the app of (Mail and Calendar) not on the Outlook mail, is on the app of Windows10. The name of the accounts differ as well as the mail address. The problem comes when sending mails, the one who receives them always sees
    my personal name, instead of different names according to each account. When sending from two personal mails it doesn't matter but when sending from an institution I would like to not show my name and change it. Is it possible?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL

ÁlvaroMaldonado, Mar 5, 2020
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Alfred001 Win User

Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts

Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address.

When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from gmail via Mail it always just shows the e-mail address, not the name.

On the other hand, all hotmail accounts I use show the name fine.

I checked in manage accounts->change mailbox sync settings and both accounts have "send your messages using this name" specified correctly, but the name still doesn't show.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Alfred001, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts

1. Problems with Mail app sending the wrong name from different accounts - Similar Threads - Problems Mail app

2. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  3. Wrong name when sendig mail from GMAIL account on MAIL app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong name when sendig mail from GMAIL account on MAIL app Windows 10: Hello I have been using MAIL app in windows 10 from quite some time, I happen to have all my email accounts and I found something weird, when I send a mail from the app using one GMAIL account I've set, the SOURCE NAME is changed and mail is delivered as that i.e....
  4. Sent Emails from the Microsoft APP sending out the wrong "Name" of my Gmail account

Sent Emails from the Microsoft APP sending out the wrong "Name" of my Gmail account: I have several gmail accounts. When I send out an email to someone or a group it doesnt matter, the sent from Name on one of the gmail accounts shows up wrong. I have "named" them all different names, both in the Gmail web site and on my laptop windows 10 home email app....
  5. Mail app "send as" name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app "send as" name: [ATTACH] Hi all, I can't seem to figure out how to change the "send as" name for individual accounts in the Mail app. Nothing I find online seems to work; I don't have the option in my settings. Any ideas?...
  6. Send mail as "name"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send mail as "name": My wife and I have separate Gmail email addresses on our PC and I am the account holder. Recently there has been a change in her emails and whereas they are sent from her own email address the from "name" shown is mine and not hers. If she sends emails from her phone they...
  7. Different names when sending from different accounts

Different names when sending from different accounts: I have several mail accounts on the app of (Mail and Calendar) not on the Outlook mail, is on the app of Windows10. The name of the accounts differ as well as the mail address. The problem comes when sending mails, the one who receives them always sees my personal name,...
  8. Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send

Windows Mail App uses wrong sender name in messages I send: I have found when using a Gmail account with Windows 10 Mail App that it uses the wrong sender name. This has been posted about before and I could not find a posted solution. This was the fix for me. It all relates to the order in which email accounts are created. Change...
  9. Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP: Hello, I noticed that one of my @gmail accounts sends as @outlook account. Thus making the format the following. Sent by: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> What I mean, that 2 of my different e-mails are for...
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wife and I each have gmail account on windows mail app but all outgoing mail displys her name