Windows 10: Problems with mail app

Discus and support Problems with mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 problems with the Windows 10 mail app. I have multiple accounts in the mail - 3 gmail and one hotmail, and when you update gmail accounts it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dsxyz7, Nov 8, 2019.

1. dsxyz7 Win User

Problems with mail app

I have 2 problems with the Windows 10 mail app.
    I have multiple accounts in the mail - 3 gmail and one hotmail, and when you update gmail accounts it sends everything with the same name, and the function where you can change under which name it should send, disappears.
    The other problem is that when I have a mail app open for a while, it closes on its own without any reason. I have already tried resetting this app and uninstalling and reinstalling, and it does not help.

Have also tried troubleshooter and didn't find no problems.

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1903.

:)

dsxyz7, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Problems with mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 8, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Problems with mail app

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Problems with mail app

1. Problems with mail app - Similar Threads - Problems mail app

2. Problems with the Mail App and with Solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the Mail App and with Solitaire: I was told several times by tech support that I may have trouble with my old i7 Microsoft PC in handling Windows 10 simply b because the old PC was not made to handle Microsoft 10. It is at a point where the PC does its own thing and makes huge mistakes like transferring...
  3. windows mail app sent mail problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail app sent mail problem: Sent mails are not showing in sent mail folder in windows mail and calendar app. Sometimes it is shown in spam folder. Please tell best possible solution for this problem as soon as possible....
  4. Mail App Problem

Mail App Problem: Hi, for some reason when I receive emails from my Mail app the banner and ping sound only pop up when I go on mail app. However, that is not suppose to happen! I always had the notifications appear on my desktop when my mail app is not opened. Moreover, on the far right of my...
  5. Mail app problem

Mail app problem: Hi, for some reason when I receive emails from my Mail app the banner and ping sound only pop up when I go on mail app. However, that is not suppose to happen! I always had the notiifications appear on my desktop when my mail app is not opened. Moreover, on the far right of...
  6. Problem with Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Mail app: So I use three different emails in my Mail app, each using a different name. Two of them use different internet aliases, but one of them is a "serious" email which uses my real name. Recently, I have been doing a back-and-forth with someone on my serious email (Re: Re: Re:...
  7. Mail and Calendar app. problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app. problem: Q. Will the Mail and Calendar app run on Windows 10 pro Insider preview build 18334? I can't get the app to install. Thanks! 127026
  8. Problems with Mail and Calendar App

Problems with Mail and Calendar App: I cannot access my email. Have gone to the Settings and the App permissions for Email is set to Off and is grayed out so I cannot change it. I have reset the App multiple times but it did not help the problem....
  9. Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem: In mail app, I have deleted certain mails and went to deleted folder. I deleted all mails from there also. When I go to deleted folder next day, I see mails already deleted from that folder previous day again. Is it problem of Mail app Or am I missing some thing. 87340
  10. Mail app problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app problem: I added all my mail accounts and it synced up about 2000 emails from various address's. Is there a way to select all the mail to delete or do i have to check each individually. Ctr-A doesnt work to select all mail.. 10507