Windows 10: Problems with malware and ransonware

Discus and support Problems with malware and ransonware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a lenovo laptop with Win10, recently I had two problems: 1. Slow performance (it is a gaming laptop) 2. The entire content of a folder was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rolando ZC, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Problems with malware and ransonware

I have a lenovo laptop with Win10, recently I had two problems:

1. Slow performance (it is a gaming laptop)

2. The entire content of a folder was deleted, not by me, I lost all my pictures!!!

3. I ran in the CMD the Attrib /d /s -r -h -s *.*, the diagnosis results shows two errors: error=1168 and error=5.

4. after the diagnosis I ran the malware software

5. I had to fix an issue related with desktop.ini using a tutorial in the web

6. Both antivirus and malware software told me everything is OK.

7. Could not recover the info in the folder

8. The laptop still slow

any ideas how to fix the laptop?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Rolando ZC, Aug 14, 2019

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 14, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Problems with malware and ransonware

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Problems with malware and ransonware

1. Problems with malware and ransonware - Similar Threads - Problems malware ransonware

2. Problemas de Malware / Malware problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problemas de Malware / Malware problems: Mi PC va algo lenta y creo que fue por un virus, hace unos días descargue un software que creo que se estaba contaminado, windows defender y malwarebytes detectaron la amenaza y lo puse en cuarentena, pero mi pc se empezo a realentizar, entonces formate la pc desde los...
  3. Problemas de Malware / Malware problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problemas de Malware / Malware problems: Mi PC va algo lenta y creo que fue por un virus, hace unos días descargue un software que creo que se estaba contaminado, windows defender y malwarebytes detectaron la amenaza y lo puse en cuarentena, pero mi pc se empezo a realentizar, entonces formate la pc desde los...
  4. Problem Removing a Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem Removing a Malware: HelloGetting problem with Windows Security , every day a message pops up saying there is Trojan virus on your user win32 potintial.So i run the scan to action remove, but the scan startes since a day before until today and still running never stopped, so until i myself...
  5. .kruu ransonware/malware how to remove it

.kruu ransonware/malware how to remove it: Good dayAny assitance on how to remove or get rid of .kruu virusransonware/malware it changed almost all myy file extensions to .kruu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/kruu-ransonwaremalware-how-to-remove-it/d523dd9c-8a67-48b4-aa43-bea64f99b57b
  6. Malware Problems.

Malware Problems.: Hello everyone, I downloaded something I should not have a few days ago. Along that came many unnecessary programs I do not recall allowing to be installed for example malware protection programs bytefence, relevantKnowledge, qdu.exe, PCAcceleratePro, and browser.exe. Since...
  7. Blue screen from ransonware??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen from ransonware??: I got a blue screen and Stop Code Critical Process Died. I can get to the Restore/ Repair tools in Advance options but but none of the six options solved the problem. I can get to 'This PC' and even I can see all my apps, folders and drives but nothing I try gets me out of...
  8. Virus/Malware problem?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus/Malware problem?!?: So basically my computer hasn't been working properly for a while, and I cant do anything to fix it. I cant access any of the administrative settings,install anything, open anything without getting errors, change any settings, etc. Outside of that tho, I can still use it to...
  9. Driver problems but no malware

Driver problems but no malware: I ran MSERT.exe on my laptop. There are no problems on my computer. My guess is that there is no permanent malware anywhere on my hard disk. Thus, the malware must be WATING at the internet front door. When I open the internet the malware jumps onto my hard disk, does...
  10. Ransonware protection options

Ransonware protection options: Hallo everyone, I need to get to the options, but it always says, that administrator has limited the access. Displays also in the Administrator account. Thanks for your answer....