Windows 10: Problems with malware and ransonware

Discus and support Problems with malware and ransonware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a lenovo laptop with Win10, recently I had two problems: 1. Slow performance (it is a gaming laptop) 2. The entire content of a folder was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rolando ZC, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Problems with malware and ransonware

I have a lenovo laptop with Win10, recently I had two problems:

1. Slow performance (it is a gaming laptop)

2. The entire content of a folder was deleted, not by me, I lost all my pictures!!!

3. I ran in the CMD the Attrib /d /s -r -h -s *.*, the diagnosis results shows two errors: error=1168 and error=5.

4. after the diagnosis I ran the malware software

5. I had to fix an issue related with desktop.ini using a tutorial in the web

6. Both antivirus and malware software told me everything is OK.

7. Could not recover the info in the folder

8. The laptop still slow

any ideas how to fix the laptop?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Rolando ZC, Aug 14, 2019

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 14, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Problems with malware and ransonware

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Problems with malware and ransonware

1. Problems with malware and ransonware - Similar Threads - Problems malware ransonware

2. Problem Login to AOL due to Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem Login to AOL due to Malware: I am unable to login to AOL to retrieve my Verizon emails. When I enter my account password, I am redirected to: https://guce.advertising.com/collectIdentifiers?sessionId= [left off r/t concern for personal data] This started about 2 weeks ago. It doesn't matter which...
  3. is this malware?

is this malware?: I receive this warning when I restart my computer - \??\c:\users\owner\appdata\local\AMD\CN\cimmanifest.exe and a message this app Is not compatible with 16-bit system... is this malware?...
  4. Malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware: How can I uninstall Search Powered by Yahoo , it will not uninstall by using control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware/581e38db-8a69-4072-9139-645287a8d450
  5. Virus,malware and blue screen problems

Virus,malware and blue screen problems: I've been having virus.malware and blue screen problems i hope someone can help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virusmalware-and-blue-screen-problems/829a8594-a00e-4236-b47d-94ab3190dd4f
  6. Virus and malware and blue screen problems

Virus and malware and blue screen problems: My laptop has been lagging i'm planning to buy a new RAM but i dont have the budget now. I'm finding a way to improve my laptop's performance for me to play games on this laptop i hope someone can help me solve this problem. Other then that i have two problems the first one...
  7. malware

malware: cara menghapus yahoo! Powered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware/05adc56c-7688-4bd1-af33-5470f27d9ffd
  8. Malware

Malware: I keep getting a pop-up saying ImgSync and imag8 and asking what I want to do with it. Is this malware or what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/malware/332ae69e-4c20-45cd-8531-8cd8407e017c"
  9. Malware Problem and Can't Install Anti-Malware Program

Malware Problem and Can't Install Anti-Malware Program: Dears, i seem to have m a l w a r e on my laptop. i have runned windows defender full scan, offline scan and as extra norton anti-virus. Doens't finds anything. After that i tried looking for a anti m a l w a r e program but the moment i use m a l w a r e as 1 word in...
  10. malware

malware: I do not understand what to do with Wise Uninstaller as a result of a scan with AdwCleaner. Please see attachment. I notice another file flagged but do not recognize it. I use Revo in conjunction with Wise because you can type a program not listed and it will find it....