Windows 10: Problems with mapped drive

Discus and support Problems with mapped drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a mapped drive in Windows 10 that works when doing anything within the drive itself, viewing, editing, deleting etc. But when I try and copy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tmckinsey, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Tmckinsey Win User

Problems with mapped drive

I have a mapped drive in Windows 10 that works when doing anything within the drive itself, viewing, editing, deleting etc. But when I try and copy to or from the mapped drive I get and error.

Problems with mapped drive [​IMG]

The mapped disk is on an old legacy box running XP that we are trying to move away from. When trying to copy a file first Windows 10 prompt for admin permission, then displays the copy dialog and then the error pops up.

The error message itself it very misleading stating the drive is unavailable when actually I can access it without any problem through Explorer.

I've tried disabling the UAC in Windows 10 but didn't help, also un-mapped and re-mapped the drive, booted but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

Tmckinsey, Mar 11, 2021
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Mar 11, 2021
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Mar 11, 2021
  4. CraigS Win User

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Problems with mapped drive - Similar Threads - Problems mapped drive

2. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  3. Problems mapping network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems mapping network drive: Hi guys,I've got an external USB 3 HDD hooked to a USB port on my old router. I recently upgraded to a WiFi 6 mesh system that doesn't have any USB. I have the old router plugged into the new one and the port setup in both the new and old routers. I have successfully added...
  4. Problems mapping network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems mapping network drive: Hi guys,I've got an external USB 3 HDD hooked to a USB port on my old router. I recently upgraded to a WiFi 6 mesh system that doesn't have any USB. I have the old router plugged into the new one and the port setup in both the new and old routers. I have successfully added...
  5. Problems mapping network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Problems with mapped drive

Problems with mapped drive: I have a mapped drive in Windows 10 that works when doing anything within the drive itself, viewing, editing, deleting etc. But when I try and copy to or from the mapped drive I get and error. [img] The mapped disk is on an old legacy box running XP that we are trying to...
  7. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  8. mapping drives

mapping drives: a mapped fileon a nas does not appear in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-drives/3a64c372-5ac3-48ff-a979-859635f00820"
  9. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  10. Problems Trying to Map Network Drives

Problems Trying to Map Network Drives: Hi, I have windows 10 on my home laptop which I have brought in to work, connected up to the wireless network and attemping (and failed) to map the networks drives that are attached to our server. For some reasons, when I try and browser for folders whilst attemping to...