Windows 10: Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10

Discus and support Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 PC, and while I'm actually a software developer and have used windows extensively, I'm have huge problems with Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JulianDobson, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10

I have a new Windows 10 PC, and while I'm actually a software developer and have used windows extensively, I'm have huge problems with Windows 10 and microsoft accounts.

I created a local admin account, and then switched to using my ms-id - after going through the activation, two-factor authentication, etc. I can log onto the PC with that account, no problems.

The issues then start.

My ms account is associated with a live (xbox) account. However, attempting to log onto live always results in an error message that I'm not connected to the internet.

I also have my daughter set up as a family member. I allowed her account to also log onto this PC, but get error message that must be online first time to complete setup.

I've also tried adding a local account for her, and then attempting to switch to ms-id but that results in error that the account is already on the pc - even if I block her so her ms-id doesn't show as user on this PC.

Obviously I am online - I'm typing this question on that PC.

I've tried turning off the windows firewall, restarting the xbox services, standing on my head... nothing works. The only thing I've not tried is port forwarding on my router, which seems a very drastic measure since it only allows a single PC to connect to Live.

Does anyone have a clue how to get microsoft IDs working properly on a Windows 10 machine?

:)

JulianDobson, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10

1. Problems with microsoft accounts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems microsoft accounts

2. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account linked to windows account problem: What happens when i close the microsoft account, that im logged into as admin on my windows system? It is the only account on this device, and windows has blessed me with no option whatsoever to change that. I dont want to create another admin acc, because im not feeling like...
  3. microsoft account linked to windows account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account linked to windows account problem: What happens when i close the microsoft account, that im logged into as admin on my windows system? It is the only account on this device, and windows has blessed me with no option whatsoever to change that. I dont want to create another admin acc, because im not feeling like...
  4. Microsoft 10 account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 account problem: With a new Dell XPS 15 laptop, when trying to establish a Hello PIN, got message "Oops, something went wrong There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser." How do I get to chat with a MS person to find out what was...
  5. Microsoft 10 account problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 account problem: With a new Dell XPS 15 laptop, when trying to establish a Hello PIN, got message "Oops, something went wrong There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser." How do I get to chat with a MS person to find out what was...
  6. Microsoft 10 account problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. microsoft account sign in problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account sign in problem in windows 10: when ever i try to log in my microsoft account instead of my local account . When i click on sign in with microsoft account instead link as window open and imejet;y close setting -> accounts -> your info. I try many times but nothing is happen . Please try to resolve the...
  8. Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account: I have recently had to change my Microsoft account and email. I am now trying to change my log in details to windows 10 as it is under my now closed old email address and old Microsoft account. Following earlier advice I have created a local account and when I try to log in...
  9. Microsoft Account sign in problems Windows 10

Microsoft Account sign in problems Windows 10: I can not get passed the sign in page. I have also tried to log in with my microsoft account and tells me incorrect credentials. I just want to get signed in *Original Title* sing in problems...
  10. Problems with "My Microsoft Account" - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with "My Microsoft Account" - Windows 10: I keep getting this screen a lot this morning (url is https://account.microsoft.com/profile/?refd=outlook.live.com) [ATTACH] Reminds me of the "Choose a Display Name" saga....