Windows 10: problems with Microsoft mah-jong game

Discus and support problems with Microsoft mah-jong game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I really think it's about time Microsoft fixed what ever is wrong with their Mah-jong game. It's been nearly a year since this terrific game has had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HelenJohnston1, Oct 21, 2020.

1. problems with Microsoft mah-jong game

I really think it's about time Microsoft fixed what ever is wrong with their Mah-jong game. It's been nearly a year since this terrific game has had some serious issues. So Microsoft people get your act together, or take down the game, people are fed up with it crashing...especially when your only got one move to go to complete that particular game.....very frustrating, so please do some thing. Rhonda.

:)

HelenJohnston1, Oct 21, 2020
  2. nerdse Win User

endless repeats of the same ad in Mah Jong game

I am running 64 bit Win 10, latest updates applied to system & game. I have an HP Pavilion laptop core i5 with 8 gb RAM, so plenty of memory. I have a touch screen & use a mouse for some things.

I don't pay to have ads removed. We are on a fixed income, both retired and both disabled, so we can't afford to pay for the ads to stop, especially since we play 4 of the games & that would be ~$40 a month, if I am not mistaken. So I expect ads.

Most ads, once they run their course, an X appears in, usually, the upper right hand corner of the display. You click that and it takes you back to the game.

Except THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN MAH JONG. Instead, on at least one ad a session, the ad runs endlessly. You have to shut down & re-open the game to resume play, & Mah Jong takes FOREVER to load. The ads that do this vary, so there is no pattern to it. I have
    noticed that if I get stuck on a game & have to retry a few times to win it, the endless ads are more likely, but they have also occurred once the game opens. It can start with an ad if it takes longer than usual to load & sync. It happens in both challenge
    & regular play, but is more frequent in challenges.

I have reset the game; uninstalled & reinstalled it, made sure there were no updates for it, made sure I wasn't missing any Win10 updates, but this issue persists.

I finally used my mobile to video the issue so you could see it, but I see no way to attach said video.

Please, can you FIX THIS? I don't mind the ads. I just don't like having to reboot the game to play anything because the ads loop endlessly. And if you need the video, tell me how to send it to you.

Thanks.

nerdse, Oct 21, 2020
  3. microsoft games apps

I have Microsoft jackpot and mah-jong games but now neither one will load

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Peter Jansen_breda, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

problems with Microsoft mah-jong game

Mah Jong

Hi Janice,

The settings that need to be applied may depend on your device. Kindly answer the following questions so we can assist you better:

• What is the brand of your computer?
    • Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
    • Are you playing the Mahjong app from Windows Store?
    • Do you encounter issues regarding the zoom feature when using other programs?

There is usually a configuration that allows users to disable the zoom function, but the settings vary for different device manufacturers.

In case the zooming in or out is caused by Magnifier, you can disable it by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Ease of Access.
    • Go to Magnifier.
    • Under Magnify things on the screen, you can switch off
      Start Magnifier automatically
      . Doing so will make Magnifier zoom in or out only when you click on the zoom buttons (refer to the image below).

problems with Microsoft  mah-jong game a46d37d4-82df-477b-a016-8a7267216704.png

To open Magnifier, you can press the Windows icon and
    +
    on your keyboard.

We hope the steps allow you to play the game on your computer without having any issues with the zoom function.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

problems with Microsoft mah-jong game

1. problems with Microsoft mah-jong game - Similar Threads - problems Microsoft mah

2. Problem with Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Ultimate Word Games: Hi, after finishing a crossword puzzle, I clicked on check puzzle and it showed one clue affecting two clues that was wrong. I corrected it, and checked it again. Showed all the entries I had made in the green color after chequing. But it still leaves the puzzle as 78/80...
  3. Problem with Microsoft Ultimate Word Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Ultimate Word Game: I have bin playing MUWG for some time and have the game locked up at the end oc World 12. I will not let me go on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-microsoft-ultimate-word-game/724c01f9-89a0-46f8-89b5-60b4e2b47d55
  4. Free download Mah Jong theme "Tranquility" no longer available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free download Mah Jong theme "Tranquility" no longer available?: Has the theme "Tranquility" for free download Mah Jong game been discontinued? It is offered as a selection but when chosen the player gets numbers. So much for choice....
  5. endless repeats of the same ad in Mah Jong game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    endless repeats of the same ad in Mah Jong game: I am running 64 bit Win 10, latest updates applied to system & game. I have an HP Pavilion laptop core i5 with 8 gb RAM, so plenty of memory. I have a touch screen & use a mouse for some things. I don't pay to have ads removed. We are on a fixed income, both retired and both...
  6. problem with microsoft games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with microsoft games: when i complete a game of freecell and click on new game, the system trys to offer new games. when i try to opt out it locks up and i have to reopen games. it then goes back offer new games. it's in a loop and appears to be a software glitch. help...
  7. Access to free Microsofst games on Windows 10 deleted after reboot of PC: Mah Jong Deluxe,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to free Microsofst games on Windows 10 deleted after reboot of PC: Mah Jong Deluxe,...: Get apps re-installed/updated on Windows 10 after PC reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-free-microsofst-games-on-windows-10/35ce4067-6472-4477-bedd-4c6eb1e1346b
  8. Microsoft games - Solitaire Collection problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft games - Solitaire Collection problems: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MS Solitaire Collection and it will not allow me to change the play difficulty. It is stuck on Random. I also checked for updates and I am current with those. How can I change the play level???...
  9. Microsoft Games Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Games Problems: The AD infested Microsoft Games, Solitaire Collection and Ultimate Word Games, both crash when the ADS have played and have crashed/frozen during their play, and have crashed/froze before they have played. It's about time Micro$oft accepted the fact that they cannot get it...
  10. Problems with Microsoft Casual Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Casual Games: Since Microsoft upgrade yesterday morning, all my MCG will not play. I open the program, attempt to pick a game and the program automatically closes...