Windows 10: Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion

Discus and support Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Transferring photos from my phone (iPhone 7) to my laptop (Dell Microsoft Windows 10) via Photos Companion used to work fine. But lately, as I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimothyLenzmeier, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion

Transferring photos from my phone (iPhone 7) to my laptop (Dell Microsoft Windows 10) via Photos Companion used to work fine. But lately, as I have attempted to transfer, I get the error message "Something went wrong Be sure that your computer and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network." I have confirmed several times that they are indeed connected to the same network, but I keep getting the same error message.

:)

TimothyLenzmeier, Feb 20, 2019

2. problems with microsoft photos companion

It looks like Microsoft Photos Companion would be a good app, but I am having problems with it.

I do not get a QR Code, all I get is a large red !

There is no option to uninstall Photos and redownload it from the Store.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Jack Smook, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Photos Companion - PC Doesn't Show QR Code

Hi Kandi,

There are several reasons why you're unable to transfer files from the Photo Companion app. Caches from your iPhone maybe interrupting the file transfer to your Windows PC, or the Windows 10 Photo app might be corrupted. Kindly try to perform these steps,
    and check if it'll make any difference:

1. Try to reset your iPhone to delete all caches that maybe interrupting the file transfer.
    2. Photos Companion app is connected to Windows 10 through the Photo app. You may try to run the

Windows 10 app troubleshooter
      as this fixes usual Windows 10 app problems.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion

Has anyone been able to get phone companion to work

Hi,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Phone companion app and check if you are facing the issue

To uninstall the phone companion app please follow the steps below:

• Type phone companion in the
      search
      box.

• Right click on
      phone companion
      and click on uninstall.

Once it is uninstalled, you can reinstall it from windows store.

You can refer the article below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-phone-companion/9wzdncrfj3pm

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion

1. Problems with Microsoft Photos Companion - Similar Threads - Problems Microsoft Photos

2. Problems with the microsoft photos carousel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the microsoft photos carousel: I'm having this issue where, after I move photos to a different album, I can't access them on the photo carousel. If I open one of the photos I moved and click next it won't show me the next photo I moved, it only shows me what photos were already in the album. The carousel...
  3. Problems with the microsoft photos carousel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the microsoft photos carousel: I'm having this issue where, after I move photos to a different album, I can't access them on the photo carousel. If I open one of the photos I moved and click next it won't show me the next photo I moved, it only shows me what photos were already in the album. The carousel...
  4. Microsoft photos problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos problem: Some jpegs open up normally, but within ~1-2 seconds, they black out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/ccee40f7-8ebd-4631-9301-0e15c8ed2c77
  5. Microsoft photos problem

Microsoft photos problem: Some jpegs open up normally, but within ~1-2 seconds, they black out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/ccee40f7-8ebd-4631-9301-0e15c8ed2c77
  6. Problems With Microsoft PHotos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems With Microsoft PHotos: Yesterday, after just turning my computer off, when trying to open a photo i noticed it was no longer opening with Microsoft Photos, so i went to the default apps intending to put it as the default photo viewer, but it was not in the list, [IMG] So then i went to the app...
  7. Microsoft Photos problem

Microsoft Photos problem: I've been using Microsoft Photos for a little over a year now and it has always worked great for me. I import photos from my Nikon D3400 onto my Alienware 17r5. Lately when I go to import I only get to the window where I have to check which photos I am importing. It lets me...
  8. MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM

MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM: MY WINDOWS PHOTOS IS'NT DISPLAYING HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/710f66f5-e32d-420b-8a9b-c3d531884c68
  9. Problem with Microsoft Photos

Problem with Microsoft Photos: Microsoft Photo app stopped working as a result of corrupted Windows 10 files. I subsequently performed a Windows 10 repair install. The app still would not run. The app was then removed using powershell, but when attempting to reinstall from the App store I get an error...
  10. Problems with microsoft photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with microsoft photos: I am having continued difficulties using Microsoft Photos in my new laptop. I have a large number of early images stored on a CD . I think they were original stored in 'Picasa' I cannot get this to download and I get the message 'no images found on your USB'. Similarly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos companion app doesnt work

2. microsoft photos companion not working

3. Is there a problem with microsoft phone companion

4. microsoft photo companion not working,
  5. windows photo companion not working,
  6. photo companion not working,
  7. microsoft photo companion app problems,
  8. photo companion message sometime went wrong be sure that your