Windows 10: Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB

Discus and support Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks, Both my husband and I have recently bought new laptops, both running Windows 10 and there is a real problem when we insert a Sandisk USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Glynis, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Glynis Win User

Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB

Hi folks,

Both my husband and I have recently bought new laptops, both running Windows 10 and there is a real problem when we insert a Sandisk USB stick: it causes the mouse to really lag - and sometimes for up to 30 - 40 seconds. Additionally, I've started noticing problems with the keyboard freezing too. There are only two USB ports on these laptops, and one has the usb in it for the mouse/keyboard. I've tried swapping the two USBs around to see whether there was something about the ports but to no avail. Before I go and have to buy a new USB stick (and definitely not a Sandisk one), can anyone suggest anything which might rectify this please?

Many thanks for your help.

:)

Glynis, Mar 20, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Mar 20, 2020
  3. USB problem

I have difficulty booting up computer at usb ports detecting and I think of my webcam cause it.
    The computer boot screen is having a big delay it freeze for 30 or 60 seconds at the usb scanning step. Sometimes in Windows it says Unknown hardware at windows opening. Could it be my usb ports that begin to sucks or my webcam is having trouble ? (No other usb devices plugged other than wireless usb key for keyboard-mouse combo)

MohawkAngel, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB

usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB

1. Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB - Similar Threads - Problems mouse freezing

2. There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.: I've been trying to format this USB for quite a while, and still had no luck. I've tried formatting it on linux, android and windows. I get the message "There is a problem with this drive" and it shows folders inside the usb but not the content. The content is not much of a...
  3. There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a problem with this drive, sandisk USB.: I've been trying to format this USB for quite a while, and still had no luck. I've tried formatting it on linux, android and windows. I get the message "There is a problem with this drive" and it shows folders inside the usb but not the content. The content is not much of a...
  4. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  5. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  6. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB Mouse freezes momentarily

USB Mouse freezes momentarily: Lenovo Yoga 940, Microsoft 3500 USB Transmitter Mouse If I let the mouse/pointer sit idle for about 10 seconds it freezes until I move the mouse around rapidly, then randomly jumps, sometimes completely off of the screen. It's really annoying and time consuming! Driver...
  8. USB SanDisk improperly detected

USB SanDisk improperly detected: There seems to be a problem with Win10 detecting USB attached devices. I have a SanDisk ImageMate 12-in-1 that Win10 is not recognizing properly affecting any and every SD card that is attached to it. Win10 keeps reporting that it is a problem with the device. However it is...
  9. wifi + usb mouse = freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi + usb mouse = freeze: Windows 10 freezes often when connected to wifi, especially if my usb mouse is plugged in. Sometimes after an automatic update the frequency slows down and ultimately I arrive at this situation again. Obviously ethernet and going mouseless are far from ideal. Anyone else...
  10. USB keyboard and mouse freeze!

USB keyboard and mouse freeze!: Hello I have been using Windows 10 64bit os running PC for quite some time now but in the past two months I've been getting a problem of my USB keyboard and mouse frozen(the keyboard capslock and others don't change on pressing) and mouse gets stuck within half an hour of...