Windows 10: Problems with mouse pointer scheme

Discus and support Problems with mouse pointer scheme in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups. Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fife, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Fife Win User

Problems with mouse pointer scheme

I recently upgraded to windows 10 which went well except my pointer "hid" behind popups.
    Everything worked, if my pointer went over a selection it would highlight the selection and I could select with no problem, I just couldn't see my pointer. I was using a custom pointer scheme so I thought it might be that.
    Today I reinstalled the same pointer scheme but it didn't show the same on screen but it was infront of the popups.
    After about 30min it reverted back to looking like it used to but it reverted to hiding behind popups again.
    I installed a new pointer scheme which worked and didn't hide but after 30 min it reverted back to the old scheme and hid again.
    I know this sounds petty but it is frustrating.
    Any suggestions?

:)

2. How to Download Additional Microsoft Windows 10 Mouse Pointers

Hi Eric,

If you find your mouse pointer to be too small for you, we can make the mouse pointer bigger by changing it in the Ease of Access.

You can adjust the pointer size by going to Settings >
    Ease of Access
    > Mouse > Pointer size.

We would also like to know if you have tried changing the mouse scheme to Windows Standard (extra large) (system scheme) when you went to the Mouse Properties under Control Panel?

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Aug 12, 2015
  3. My mouse pointer is a pixelated square on Windows 10 startup screen

I have similar problem. I have Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 and a Acer large screen. Mouse intermittently changes to a multi colored square on the monitor but luckily the screen on the Surface stays a pointer.

I have remedied my situation by going into the settings / devices / mouse / additional mouse settings /

under Mouse properties, select the second tab, "pointers"

hit the drop down menu under Scheme, select a different scheme, APPLY and close and my square box turns into a different pointer.

This is a temporary fix that works for me that can last a week or so and I have to to it again. Hope this helps.

DonEugenio1, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Problems with mouse pointer scheme

1. Problems with mouse pointer scheme - Similar Threads - Problems mouse pointer

2. Mouse pointer problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer problems: My mouse pointer disappeared out of nowhere and I was able to make the mouse pointer come back on the screen but now it's stuck in the middle and I don't know how to get out the middle...
  3. How to change Mouse pointer and cursor size, color & scheme on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Mouse pointer and cursor size, color & scheme on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The mouse pointer and cursor in Windows 10 are very important aspects of the operating system. This can be said for other operating systems as well, so in truth, they are not unique to Windows. Many users of the popular [...] This post How to change Mouse...
  4. Mouse pointer speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer speed problem: Hi, I'm having a problem with my mouse pointer speed which keep on changing everytime i turn on my laptop p.s im using a wireless 2.4GHz mouse Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-speed-problem/cdc78563-43f2-47a4-a568-be7c61c97d0b
  5. Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer 'None' scheme not working: I prefer the 'None' pointer scheme, but after the latest version update I can't reset it The scheme looks like this: [ATTACH] Hitting 'Apply' doesn't actually change it. My mouse is stuck with the Windows default scheme. Any other scheme like Inverse or Magnified works just...
  6. Mouse Pointer Problem

Mouse Pointer Problem: My Lenovo Y500 laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. All was well. Currently i'm on Windows 10 v.1803 (not sure of the "build" number). I use left-handed mouse pointers which i added to the Cursors folder some time ago. The large left-handed pointers are...
  7. Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809

Mouse pointer schemes not sticking in Windows 1809: I've set my mouse scheme to standard/classic in mouse settings and have also modified the reg key to prevent theme changes (Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) but still I'm getting the default spinning blue loading wheel...
  8. Problem with my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with my mouse pointer: My mouse pointer sticks and its very hard and irritating to use my laptop without it. The same thing happens whether I'm using my touchpad or the mouse. How can I fix this problem, so that I can use my mouse and or touchpad without having the pointer stick on me every 3...
  9. Mouse pointer schemes.

Mouse pointer schemes.: I am trying to use the Windows standard mouse pointer scheme but it keeps getting reset to the Windows default scheme at random. *Huh [img] 110011
  10. How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?

How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?: The default mouse pointer scheme is just to darn small in Windows 10, at least on my Dell Inspiron. So I change it via the control panel, but some games won't work when the scheme is changed, so I'd like to be able to switch back and forth from the command line and create a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse-pointers-hi