Windows 10: Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another

Discus and support Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I was downloading a large zip file when I realised halfway through I was downloading it to the different partition. I paused it, and wanted to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/asatanicllama, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another

Hi, I was downloading a large zip file when I realised halfway through I was downloading it to the different partition. I paused it, and wanted to move it to the other partition. Let's say the file is 50 GB and i have 80 GB free on the target partition. I copy the file and paste it to the target partition and it says 50 GB remaining and everything is fine. However, about 20% through the copying process, it says that there isn't enough space and I get a popup that says

"Space free: 80 GB Total size: 106 GB"

Why is this? It says the file is twice as large than it actually is? When moving zip files do they actually get decompressed and moved as well as the compressed file? I'm confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/asatanicllama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/asatanicllama, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 25, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    EASEUS Partition Master Professional 6.1.1 Giveaway

Yes, just create a new partition using the free space.
    Step by step here: Free partition manager to resize/move FAT & NTFS hard disk partition
    But, remember, if things can go wrong... they will at the most inopportune moment.
    You might wanna make a disk image(or back-up) of the files first.
    *Smile Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another :)

95Viper, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another

Move page file to another partition -Should I?

I don't see how moving the page file to a different partition will help performance. It's still physically on the same disk even if it's on a different partition.

I wouldn't bother.

angelkiller, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another

1. Problems with moving a zip file from one partition to another - Similar Threads - Problems moving zip

2. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving Files from one device to another.

Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  6. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  7. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Move space from one partition to another (same physical drive)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move space from one partition to another (same physical drive): Is this possible without third-party software? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it with disk management, I shrink the volume I want to take space from but then the "expand volume" option is greyed out when I right click on the partition I want to move that free...
  9. Moving the System partition from one disk to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the System partition from one disk to another: Hello everybody, I'm having an issue with the setup of my Windows 10 computer. I'm pretty lost right now. A few months ago, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 in disk 0 (SSD). Because I had several work files, during installation I've maintained an old disk also...
  10. Problems with moving files from one folder to another

Problems with moving files from one folder to another: Hi! I can't seem to transfer files from one folder to another. It always shows acces denied. It has been doing it for a while and I can't seem to make it right. Also, if you knew how I can change the language on my computer? (from french to english) Nothing seems to be...