Windows 10: problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...

Discus and support problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mem_tv13gachi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mem_tv13gachi, Jul 2, 2022.

1. problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...

/u/mem_tv13gachi, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer
    skills, it is very frustrating. Do I do nothing, or go poking around and screw up something else?

What is wrong with text select/copy selection. In is in all programs.

***Modified title from: Text selection***

DorothyKaltz, Jul 2, 2022
  4. problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...

Problem in highlighting texts on the internet, word, or emails in Windows 10

Hello,

Please answer the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the device?
    • You have problem to select the texts using the mouse cursor or to select and highlight using highlight feature?

If you are using Laptop or Tablet, I request you to use an external mouse and check what happens.

Please get back to us with the information.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted...

1. problems with moving selected text with the mouse. When I want to move the highlighted... - Similar Threads - problems moving selected

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cursor won't highlight text or move scroll bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor won't highlight text or move scroll bar: Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-wont-highlight-text-or-move-scroll-bar/a129c606-279b-4468-971f-63fc09dc67a4
  6. Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...: Hello Everyone, So this stemmed from another thread but It's it own question. Their's was involving touch screen problems I don't own a touch screen at all, not using any touch screen drivers or monitor to my knowledge. I'm a bit paranoid and I know I can uninstall drivers...
  7. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  8. I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...: I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma and I cannot see the blue very well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-the-color-of-the-highlighting/1c9fb9b4-9abf-41b1-a470-2c74a1d387b1
  9. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  10. New Mouse has PITA method for highlighting text & Moving scroll bar

New Mouse has PITA method for highlighting text & Moving scroll bar: I've just bought a Microsoft Comfort 4500 wired mouse. I chose it because it's Microsoft and according the MS Store blurb it has "five customizable buttons that help ensure confident navigation and peak productivity". The booklets that came with it were in size 4 (?) font and...