Windows 10: Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...

Discus and support Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My brother put in a new SSD into my pc and then tried to move my desktop and my OSto launch from the SSD onto it. And now most things wont start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben559, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Ben559 Win User

Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...

My brother put in a new SSD into my pc and then tried to move my desktop and my OSto launch from the SSD onto it.

And now most things wont start correctly or start at all with out me doing run as administrator, and even actions like starting up discord, will only start the launcher and do "Fail to update" unless i do run as admin.
    It was working fine beforehand and i don't know how to fix it

:)

Ben559, Jan 27, 2020

2. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Jan 27, 2020
  3. NinkobEi Win User
    windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Jan 27, 2020
  4. alexp999 Win User

Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...

Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

Doesnt me... I'm running vista. my account is an admin account I never get any annyoing messages or pop-ups. only for unsigned drivers or if kaspersky finds something, or blocks a pop-up

alexp999, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for... - Similar Threads - Problems account saying

2. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  3. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  4. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not having Admin access on an Admin account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not having Admin access on an Admin account.: Hello! I've had this issue for a bit but it was never really an issue till now. I don't have this issue when I'm installing an app. I was trying to set up drive sharing for an FTP server. And this is minor but I also can't turn on syncing for my account. I looked at a few...
  6. admin account problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin account problems: Hi i am looking for a way to remove an admin account from my computer as a non admin we have forgotten the password and would just rather delete the account from the laptop...
  7. Programs running in Buit in Admin account but not in User Account having admin privileges

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs running in Buit in Admin account but not in User Account having admin privileges: Hi Support Team I am facing an issue for programs running properly in Built in Admin User Account however not in Self created User account having admin privileges. This issue occurs with many programs like 1. i Have to run many programs Setups .exe through cmd as...
  8. Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account: I have been using visual studio code normally for about two months, but today, when I want to launch it, I get an error message: (rough translation) "Windows does not have access to the selected device or file. You probably don't have permission to access it". I am on the...
  9. Running as a local Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Running as a local Admin account: I am running Windows 10, currently running as a local Admin account and I am the only one using the machine. However, I am thinking to run as a Limited User instead by creating another User account as making that as an Admin account. Couple of questions though. 1). My...
  10. Admin account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin account problems: Hello everyone, I believe i have broken windows 10 user accounts. A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate the Built-in Admin account and use it as my main account. I deleted my other account as i am the only user on this pc. Recently...