Windows 10: Problems with My Inbuilt Wifi Adapter. Please Help

Discus and support Problems with My Inbuilt Wifi Adapter. Please Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY AMD version. The problem started a month ago, whenever I booted my laptop the wifi would be connected as I signed in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blizwing, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Blizwing Win User

Problems with My Inbuilt Wifi Adapter. Please Help

I have ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY AMD version.

The problem started a month ago, whenever I booted my laptop the wifi would be connected as I signed in, but after sometime the wifi disconnected by itself and when I tried to reconnect there were "No WiFi Networks Available". In Device Manager it either showed Error 45 or Error 10.

I had previously updated to 2004 Version but rolled back due to its instability. If that caused the problem it should have been fixed by reinstalling Windows but it didn't.

I tried to reinstall Windows, CHKDSK, SFC ScanNow, DISM, even Registry Fix, but none work.

Any Idea what's happening? I really don't wanna do a clean reinstall of Windows again.

:)

Blizwing, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Realtek RTL8188CE wifi adapter

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 18, 2020
  4. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with My Inbuilt Wifi Adapter. Please Help - Similar Threads - Problems Inbuilt Wifi

2. In need You help for My Wifi Problem Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In need You help for My Wifi Problem Please: hi,Just recently bought a Fenvi FV-AC1200 works fine with Windows 10 but when i upgraded to Windows 11 64bits didn't show up at all the Bluetooth is working but the wifi doesn't help me pls what to do...
  3. In need You help for My Wifi Problem Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In need You help for My Wifi Problem Please: hi,Just recently bought a Fenvi FV-AC1200 works fine with Windows 10 but when i upgraded to Windows 11 64bits didn't show up at all the Bluetooth is working but the wifi doesn't help me pls what to do...
  4. Help with Wifi Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Wifi Adapter: Hi there, Yesterday my windows 10 laptop started to randomly disconnect from the wifi showing that there were No Wifi Networks Available. I restated the laptop and then it started working agian but disconected after a few minutes until I restarted it. I then uninstalled...
  5. Problem with my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with my Wifi adapter: Hello, i am exprecing a problem with my wifi it keeps disconnecting and then i can't seem to find it at all in the Network list, the problem doesn't seem to be in the modem since my phone and another laptop can connect to the wifi normally, also the light indicator of...
  6. Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!: Everytime I load Into my computer my network adapter is not showing up. I have to physically reinstall it in my pc, scan for hardware changes in device manager, and reset my PC. This really annoying and Im also worried about wearing down the gold on the pci-e submitted by...
  7. WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!: My HP Pavilion Laptop with windows 10 has an internal wireless card - Realtek. I have been having difficulty connecting wirelessly of late, i usually disable and enable the WI-FI adapter and it used to connect. Now for some reason the adapter has disappeared totally and i...
  8. Wifi problems, Please help me.

Wifi problems, Please help me.: Lately, I've been having issues with my wifi. I can not connect to the internet. When I did the troubleshooting for my internet connections. It would always say "Wi-fi doesn´t have a valid IP configuration." I tried everything, I tried network resetting many times. Nothing...
  9. Wifi Adapter Problem

Wifi Adapter Problem: My laptop is a lenovo yoga 730 13IKB. A couple of days ago, it stopped connecting to wireless internet, so I am on able to use the ethernet cable (with an attachment) to use the internet. I tried clicking the troubleshoot button and it said "there might be a problen with...
  10. Wifi Adapter Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Adapter Help: i am trying to install the wifi adapter driver on my pc but it says it does not support this operating system. but im using windows 10 and the driver says for windows 10. Here is the link for it: https://netdynwifi.com/driver/ac1200-usb-wi-fi-adapter/ i am using version 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my inbuilt wifi card in not working