Windows 10: Problems with My Money 2005 passwords

Discus and support Problems with My Money 2005 passwords in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Money will not load my backup copy without a password, but I tried password, it claims it is incorrect, but it is not. I deleted the need for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebbEllingson, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Problems with My Money 2005 passwords

My Money will not load my backup copy without a password, but I tried password, it claims it is incorrect, but it is not. I deleted the need for password but it still says I need one. I was sent here by chat case number 1445690885, John E ans was told MS developers with knowledge of My Money 2005 would be here to help

:)

DebbEllingson, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Uttam Yadav, Oct 22, 2018
  3. DominicP Win User
    Problems with Microsoft Money 2005

Money data and backup files should not be in the Program Files x86 area. Permissions for files in this area are restricted.

Move them - right click on the files and Cut and Paste them - to your Documents area.

Then, on starting Money 2005, select File - Open and open the data file in its new location. Remember to change the setting for the backup file location in Money: Tools - Settings - Backup options.

If you need to reinstall Money 2005, note that your installation disk will not install a usable version. See the second post in

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=money
    . Ask in that forum if you have problems with any version of Microsoft Money.

DominicP, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Riccky Win User

Problems with My Money 2005 passwords

Money 2005 Balance Problem

I have used Money 2005 for 12 years with no significant issues. However in balancing my accounts this time I was £0.01 out and it required am adj. of £0.01 to balance the account. All entries were carefully checked and the months entries reflect those
    on the statement, however after posting the adjustment the Account Balance in the register is £0.01 to great! I had the following warning message, but closing down the computer and re-opening did not fix the issue Problems with My Money 2005 passwords :(

" Your Account list reflects an incorrect balance because of a minor technical problem with the way Money stores your information. You can see the correct balance in your register. (which I don't £0.01 overstated). This issue etc."

Not the end of the world I accept, but just really annoying!!! Any answers???

Riccky, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Problems with My Money 2005 passwords

1. Problems with My Money 2005 passwords - Similar Threads - Problems Money 2005

2. Money 2005 International English QFE2 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Money 2005 International English QFE2 and Windows 11: Hello,Is anyone successfully using Money 2005 International English QFE2 on Windows 11 or found a suitable substitute?Donna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/money-2005-international-english-qfe2-and-windows/9da850d1-3d43-4775-a289-97232ace872e
  3. Money 2005 International English QFE2 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Money 2005 International English QFE2 and Windows 11: Hello,Is anyone successfully using Money 2005 International English QFE2 on Windows 11 or found a suitable substitute?Donna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/money-2005-international-english-qfe2-and-windows/9da850d1-3d43-4775-a289-97232ace872e
  4. Money 2005 International English QFE2 and Windows 11

Money 2005 International English QFE2 and Windows 11: Hello,I currently use Money 2005 International English QFE2 as a replacement for the original Microsoft Money on Windows 10. Is it compatible with Windows 11?Donna...
  5. Problem with MS Money 2005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with MS Money 2005: I have a client who wasusing MS Money 2005. Her PC went south so I backed up all her data andreinstalled Windows 10 Pro. She had just done a backup of MS Money beforeI got the machine and I did one as well. That is I specifically copiedthe file. She did a backup, I copied...
  6. Microsoft Money 2005 en français

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Money 2005 en français: Quand je veux accéder par le menu au mode d’emploi en ligne je cherche à effectuer un rapprochement bancaire, par exemple, j’arrive sur la page d’accueil de MSN, ce qui ne m’est pas d’un grand secours. ircMoi rcMoi...
  7. money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...: Hello, My hard drive crashed on a 1 year old computer and I got it repaired and recovered all data except Microsoft Money 2005 which may have been Money Plus 2005. I re installed the program but it asks to restore a back up file to restore the information and then asks for...
  8. my money change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my money change password: how do I change my password in my money. can not find file-manager. need to open file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-money-change-password/6ce842f3-2ffb-4473-869d-408e632615f5"
  9. MS Money 2005 Not Calculating Correctly

MS Money 2005 Not Calculating Correctly: What a shame that this wonderful product has been discontinued. Has any one experienced the following problem. My Account Register does not show the correct balance if I add an item. This is my Credit Card Register. Also related, is that my Credit Card register does not...
  10. MS Money 2005 Not Calculating Correctly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Money 2005 Not Calculating Correctly: What a shame that this wonderful product has been discontinued. Has any one experienced the following problem. My Account Register does not show the correct balance if I add an item. This is my Credit Card Register. Also related, is that my Credit Card register does not...