Windows 10: Problems with my rear panel I/O audio

Discus and support Problems with my rear panel I/O audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey! So, this problem started a few months ago and it's really annoying. Basically, if I play a game that is graphically intense, or a game with a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gpgp2006, Jul 29, 2021.

1. gpgp2006 Win User

Problems with my rear panel I/O audio

Hey! So, this problem started a few months ago and it's really annoying. Basically, if I play a game that is graphically intense, or a game with a lot of particles, my headphone audio stops working. When I play games like Portal, Portal 2, CS:GO, Fall Guys, House Flipper, Tetris Effect, etc., this problem happens. The only way to play this games and make the audio works is by lowering the graphics, and this is really frustrating because my PC is able to run these games with the graphics at the maximum. When this problem happens, I need to restart the computer or change the output to the monito

:)

gpgp2006, Jul 29, 2021

2. No audio from rear I/O audio connection in motherboard panel

I am not able to get any signal to the rear audio jacks of my Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Mobo, I am running a licensed version of windows 10 pro x64bit. My speakers are the BOSE Companion 50 with the standard 3.5mm jack. I updated the drivers to the latest Realtek
    HD Audio drivers but to no avail.

There are 4 audio devices in device manager

2 in "Audio inputs and outputs"

- Realtek digital output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

- Realtek digital output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

and 2 in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

- High Definition audio device

- Realtek High definition audio

AND...when I plug my speakers into the front chassis HD Audio output.... 3.5mm headphone jack...the sound works fine. (this is plugged into the Front Panel Audio connector (10-1 pin AAFP) on the motherboard.) When this is plugged in,

a 'speakers (realtek high definition audio)'

device appears in the "Audio inputs and outputs" in device manger.

When I plug the speakers into the rear mobo I/O Audio connection, there is recognition from the Asus Realtek HD Audio software that something has been connected, but no sound is output through them at all. I have changed the playback devices to both realtek
    audio and realtek audio (optical), from what I understand, the 'Optical' is the optical output from my motherboard that is labelled SPDIF out on the rear panel? Is that right?

I just don't know what else to try.

Its worth mentioning I only built this PC last weekend and so have never had any audio signal from the rear of this motherboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SteadtyEddy, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Jonatino Win User
    Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Problems with my rear panel I/O audio [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Problems with my rear panel I/O audio

No audio from rear I/O audio connection in motherboard panel

Hi Steadty,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

However, I would suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter that might help us diagnose the issue better.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Also try to enable & disable the Realtek high definition audio & check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Problems with my rear panel I/O audio

1. Problems with my rear panel I/O audio - Similar Threads - Problems rear panel

2. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  3. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  4. No bass in rear audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bass in rear audio jack: I'm using driver Realtek HDA 6.0.9132.1 but this has been going on with earlier drivers too for some time. My front jack is damaged and I have to find the perfect position for it to work so I wanted to use the rear jack but it had NO bass at all compared to the front jack. I...
  5. Rear audio jack not working

Rear audio jack not working: I've tested different driver versions but it just doesn't work. It used to work sometime ago but not anymore. Update: it works with a different headphone but they have the exact same jack, and the one that doesnt work in the rear jack works in the front jack perfectly - - -...
  6. Headphones into rear audio jack?

Headphones into rear audio jack?: Hello. The headphone input on the front of my PC is broken and I cannot use it anymore. No big deal I thought, I'll plug my headphones into the rear audio jack. Well... that ends up being a massive issue somehow. The back inputs seem to be coded differently, which makes the...
  7. Rear audio jack

Rear audio jack: I was doing stuff on my computer, suddenly there was a loud pop and my sound is gone. I can still see my speakers, the troubleshooter comes back with literally nothing, my drivers are up to date and I restart my computer. The front audio jack does still work....
  8. Rear Panel Headphone Cable Not Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rear Panel Headphone Cable Not Detected: Recently got a set of PC37X headphones. They have a microphone and front speaker connector. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager, it shows that only the microphone cable is connected. They work at the front panel but don't sound great. I've tried remapping the ports, changing...
  9. I/O problem

I/O problem: Hello, Samsung XPRESS C480FW. Can anyone hepl, please? Thanks in advance. herman. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/io-problem/cc33ab71-e260-482a-8d88-879c6c486ed7
  10. No sound from rear panel but headphone detected

No sound from rear panel but headphone detected: Hey, So I recently got my my gf a new gaming PC, a Lenovo Legion Y920T-34IKZ, and it worked perfectly fine for the first two weeks. Last Thursday (12.07.2018), the sound from the rear panel suddenly stopped working. Using the front panel works just fine. In the sound...