Windows 10: Problems with Networking went away with 20H2

Discus and support Problems with Networking went away with 20H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There have a number of people (including myself) that have posted here about problems with home networking. Ever since I first installed Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MisterEd, Dec 1, 2020.

1. MisterEd Win User

Problems with Networking went away with 20H2

There have a number of people (including myself) that have posted here about problems with home networking. Ever since I first installed Windows 10 back in 2017 I have been having problems.
    I have three computers networked together
    1. Desktop #1 (wired)
    2. Desktop #2 (wired)
    3. Laptop (wireless)

Problems included:
    1. Computer sometimes could not even ping each other
    2. Even when they could ping each other they did not show up in Windows Explorer > Network

Things improved a little in October when Desktop #1 and Laptop were updated to 20H2. Sometimes I had to run "FDResPub.bat" to get the computers to show up in Windows Explorer > Network. Even when that did not work I could use a desktop shortcut such as "\\Darkmatter" to access the other computers.

Things really improved in November when Desktop #2 was updated to 20H2. Now without doing anything all three computers could see each other in Windows Explorer > Network

My question is this. Did 20H2 improve networking or was there some other update that finally fixed networking?

BTW, I will still keep a folder on my desktop with shortcuts to the other computers. I found that even if a computer was asleep clicking on its shortcut would remotely wake it.

:)

MisterEd, Dec 1, 2020

2. Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 20H2 network connection

Since upgrading from Windows 2004 to Windows 20H2 cannot connect to our network drives. The computer has a Local account created, and when I map to a network drive I get this error:
    Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    This was never a problem in any previous Windows update - what changed?
    We use local user accounts on several 'shared' computers. Normally when a user needs to connect to a network drive on one of these computers they will need to enter their network credentials. Then connection to the network will be made.
    Since updating to Windows 10 20H2 this no longer works. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Note: I have rolled back to 2004 and network connections work correctly, so this is definitely a 20H2 issue.

Mark Falzarano, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Problems with Networking went away with 20H2

Network problem

Hi Aslam,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you connecting via wired or wireless?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue using a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Networking went away with 20H2

1. Problems with Networking went away with 20H2 - Similar Threads - Problems Networking went

2. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  3. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  4. Computer Randomly went to sleep while away

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Randomly went to sleep while away: Hey, a few days ago I came back to my computer after being away for a couple of hours and noticed that I had to log back in after I moved my mouse. I'm fairly certain that I did not put the computer to sleep and I have everything that automatically puts it to sleep turned...
  5. Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2: Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 latest version, only 3 of my 4 PCs show up in network folder. Can anyone help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-problem-since-windows-10-update-version/8bf4dffc-0422-42d7-b6c5-513b0b16599a
  6. 20H2 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 problems: I run Win 10 32 bit, home edition. I installed the latest features update, 20H2, twice now. Each time, I lose the mouse and keyboard. After uninstalling the update via rescue disk as the mouse and keyboard don't work in the updated windows 10, I have the mouse and...
  7. No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on facebook chat it just went away!!!!: No sound on FB chat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-facebook-chat-it-just-went-away/29de8a75-9469-48b3-ad7d-1e403bac3c1a
  8. File Explorer Preview Went Away........

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Preview Went Away........: New PC. File Explorer WAS working, then quit. Windows 10 Pro. Deleted One Drive. Using DropBox instead. Deleted Microsoft Office suite. Using LibraOffice instead. Ticked / tried every Preview Option in the ribbon, nothing. Can’t preveiw anything anymore, (doc, docx,...
  9. My Chrome Extension Thing Went Away

in Browsers and Email
    My Chrome Extension Thing Went Away: I posted the wrong way a few posts ago, thought it would go at beginning.... About the contrast thing (read all about it in previous post) Had the Chrome Ext. thing for the contrast, turned comp off, and it's gone. Now cant get it back, keeps saying a problem with download,...
  10. Background Picture went away, won't come back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Picture went away, won't come back: I have come to the conclusion W10 is about a year away from a solid product. I think we are all part of Gamma Testing. Here is one of several problems that should not be occurring. I set the background picture to the beach scene. It stayed there for about 3 hours. Then the...