Windows 10: Problems with new PC, Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Problems with new PC, Win 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New Dell Inspiron 3580 with Win 10 Pro. 2004, Build 19041.388 I have two disks that are marked (BitLocker Encrypted). The first is Disk 0 with only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CRGibson, Jul 30, 2020.

1. CRGibson Win User

Problems with new PC, Win 10 Pro

New Dell Inspiron 3580 with Win 10 Pro. 2004, Build 19041.388

I have two disks that are marked (BitLocker Encrypted).
    The first is Disk 0 with only Win 10 (CProblems with new PC, Win 10 Pro :) (KBG40ZNS128G NVMe LIOXIA)
    The second is Disk 1 which is a 1TB inclosed HD. (Toshiba MQ04ABF100)

I want to unencrypt Disk 1 so that I can make partitions. I am unable to do anything with this drive except change name and drive letter. I would really like to get rid of BitLocker.

Have done many searches but nothing seems to work as listed. (Maybe because of 2004?)

I have whole list of other problems with Pro.
    - Can not restore File Explorer icon on taskbar
    - Can not transfer profiles to Firefox or Thunderbird
    - Can not turn-off BitLocker (see above)
    - Would like to delete MS Account
    - Speedup starting PC (can take up to a minute with Dell image showing before sign-in)

I can solve somethings like File Explorer, by using system restore point but a day later it is gone again. Have used restore 3 times - nothing holds.

When I received the PC it had 1909 loaded and the first thing I did was to upgrade to 2004 (if this helps).
    I have run SFC and DISM three times - no help.

Any suggestions, please.

:)

CRGibson, Jul 30, 2020

2. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012.

In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time.

I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903.

I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home this week. I will be retiring the original Laptop purchased in 2012.

Can I transfer my Win 10 Pro licence on the retired laptop to the new Laptop ?

I am getting mixed answers from the Sales people.

ChristopherTomka, Jul 30, 2020
  3. JB1954BN Win User
    Dual booting with Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

I'll be receiving a new computer with Win 10 Pro as my computer w/ Windows 7 Pro crashed. I'd like to take the hard drive with Windows 7 Pro and install it into the new one to have dual booting. Any problem doing that and what steps are needed? Thank
    you.

JB1954BN, Jul 30, 2020
  4. yertiz Win User

New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network

Ken

It may be that both steps were necessary. I just did them one step at a time.

Indeed. Whilst it's good to have a solution I cannot say I feel I understand how the problem has been resolved. Everything I read suggests that SMB1 should only be required for older versions of Windows. In fact, without SMB1 checked, the only computer visible to the new Win 10 boxes was a Win 7 box!!!

yertiz, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with new PC, Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Problems Pro

2. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  3. windows 11 Pro Box activation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 Pro Box activation problem: I have a problem with the activation of windows 11 pro BOX version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-box-activation-problem/d2bdc854-aad1-43cf-87d9-3dff99fc1942
  4. Problems with Logitech C922 Pro and Windows 11 on my Predator Helios Neo 16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Logitech C922 Pro and Windows 11 on my Predator Helios Neo 16: I recently bought a Predator Helios Neo 16 and a Logitech C922. Every time I connect my camera to my laptop, apparently the audio drivers stop working, I get an "x" on my volume icon and can't hear anything from any audio source, be it a headset or even the speakers....
  5. Problems with Logitech C922 Pro and Windows 11 on my Predator Helios Neo 16

Problems with Logitech C922 Pro and Windows 11 on my Predator Helios Neo 16: I recently bought a Predator Helios Neo 16 and a Logitech C922. Every time I connect my camera to my laptop, apparently the audio drivers stop working, I get an "x" on my volume icon and can't hear anything from any audio source, be it a headset or even the speakers....
  6. I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop: Hi everyone!My buds2 pro works well on my smartphone, but when I connected my buds2 pro with laptop, the quality is really bad. The sound is interrupted continuously, losing sound every a few seconds. I asked my friends and some told me that let change from Free-hands option...
  7. I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop

I have problems with my buds2 pro when connects with the window laptop: Hi everyone!My buds2 pro works well on my smartphone, but when I connected my buds2 pro with laptop, the quality is really bad. The sound is interrupted continuously, losing sound every a few seconds. I asked my friends and some told me that let change from Free-hands option...
  8. Windows 11 Pro Download Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Download Problems: I have tried everything listed in the various threads and Microsoft links, without success in allowing me access to program exe files. I am the administrator and the pop-up notification still requires Administrator Authorization, e ven though I am the Administrator. If the...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Download Problems

Windows 11 Pro Download Problems: I have tried everything listed in the various threads and Microsoft links, without success in allowing me access to program exe files. I am the administrator and the pop-up notification still requires Administrator Authorization, e ven though I am the Administrator. If the...
  10. My Genuine Windows 10 pro not working at all. What is the problem?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Genuine Windows 10 pro not working at all. What is the problem?: I bought a Windows 10 pro from Amazon back in November 2019. It was well packed with the original documents and a Windows 10 pro USB flash drive but as I was busy travelling cos' of my work I totally forgot about it until this year February 2024 I found it again. I tried...