Windows 10: Problems with NFS

Discus and support Problems with NFS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everybody Some months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro because I needed the NFS functionality (for a Vagrant based project, which uses VirtualBox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pablo Aubele, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Problems with NFS

Hi everybody

Some months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro because I needed the NFS functionality (for a Vagrant based project, which uses VirtualBox and Windows' NFS for the shared folders). I followed the instructions (enabling Service for NFS from Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features on or off -> checking "Services for NFS", restarting, etc), everything worked great. Some note here: the VirtualBox (guest) box runs Ubuntu, and has a fixed IP assigned: 192.168.33.13.

About 4 days ago, for some strange reason, it stopped to work. The command that runs behind the scene, from within the host (VirtualBox) computer, is:

mount -o vers=3,udp,vers=3,udp,nolock 192.168.33.1:/D/BCEnvironments/projects /home/vagrant/projects

The command has always been the same, and has always worked. However, now I am getting the following error:

mount.nfs: Connection timed out

I went ahead and tried disabling Windows Defender Firewall. This time, I got a different error:

mount.nfs: mount to NFS server '192.168.33.1:/D/BCEnvironments/projects' failed: RPC Error: Unable to receive

I tried switching the firewall on and off over and over again, and those error messages are consistent (meaning, I always get the "Unable to receive" one when I switch the firewall off, and the "unable to receive" one when I switch it on).

I have searched the Internet for an answer, and so far, no luck. Could you please help me out? Thanks!

Pablo

:)

Pablo Aubele, Sep 20, 2018

2. FPS drops in NFS Most Wanted(2005) On Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I'd be glad to help you.

This issue may occur, due to the outdated and incompatible NFS Most Wanted (2005) game software.

I would suggest you to download the latest NFS Most Wanted game software from the manufacturer’s website and install it in the Device Manager and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the
    NFS Most Wanted (2005) game software and reinstall the latest
    NFS Most Wanted game software in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the NFS Most Wanted game software (2005) in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest NFS Most Wanted game software from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 20, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Nadiritux Win User

Problems with NFS

NFS

or About SymNas (NFS - network file storage)

Nadiritux, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Problems with NFS

1. Problems with NFS - Similar Threads - Problems NFS

2. Startup problem and bleu screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup problem and bleu screen: I was changed my hard disk like 2 month ago and recently The pc started to lag when browsing , and today he stoped when im in google chrome and then show me bleu screen like he need to restart and when he restarted there is black screen and sentence "No bootable devices...
  3. Startup problem and bleu screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup problem and bleu screen: I was changed my hard disk like 2 month ago and recently The pc started to lag when browsing , and today he stoped when im in google chrome and then show me bleu screen like he need to restart and when he restarted there is black screen and sentence "No bootable devices...
  4. Startup problem and bleu screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067: please check and solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-problem-error-code/b6de1623-fd5e-453c-8df3-d3653cf0dafa
  6. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067: please check and solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-problem-error-code/b6de1623-fd5e-453c-8df3-d3653cf0dafa
  7. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

8. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  9. Internet Download Speed Problem

Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  10. There is a problem with your game’s setup: NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered

in Windows 10 News
    There is a problem with your game’s setup: NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered: [ATTACH]In this post, we are going to talk about what you can do if you come across the error message that says, “There is a problem with your game’s setup” in NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered. The NFS series is one of the most popular racing series that we all have grown up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vagrant-winnfsd RPC Error: Unable to receive ubuntu

2. nfs troubleshooting windows 10

3. How to troubleshoot NFS issue from windows perspective