Windows 10: Problems with non-Microsoft programs only under the latest Win10 versions?

Discus and support Problems with non-Microsoft programs only under the latest Win10 versions? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My Windows computer has Windows10 version 1809 on it. Everything runs fine. Microsoft now offers version 1903 and version 1909, but I use additional... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RobertBecker, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Problems with non-Microsoft programs only under the latest Win10 versions?

My Windows computer has Windows10 version 1809 on it. Everything runs fine. Microsoft now offers version 1903 and version 1909, but I use additional tools to make sure that there is no automatic function upgrade to these newer versions, but security patches for version 1809. Fortunately, Microsoft will supply version 1809 with security patches until November 2020.

I am delaying the upgrade to these newer versions because I cannot be sure that all my non-Microsoft programs would run on v1903 or v1909.

Question: what is the fastest / easiest way to find out which of these non-Microsoft programs (which are all up to date as well) would cause problems on a newer Windows10 version than v1809?

Just upgrade to e.g. v1909, test all programs, and for those programs that cause problems, write to the manufacturer and ask for corrections and until then roll back to v1809 to get the affected programs running again? Or are there better methods?

:)

RobertBecker, Jul 29, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jul 29, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Problems with non-Microsoft programs only under the latest Win10 versions?

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Problems with non-Microsoft programs only under the latest Win10 versions?

1. Problems with non-Microsoft programs only under the latest Win10 versions? - Similar Threads - Problems non Microsoft

2. Latest WIN10 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest WIN10 version: Good afternoon, Had to update my WIN10 version which I did successfully about seven days ago, or so I thought. Before updating I ran everything to clean up, tidy, and security check everything, as you do. After the update I did everything again just be ... er ... sensible?...
  3. Downloading non microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading non microsoft programs: I can't find the place to allow non microsoft programs to be installed in the apps section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-non-microsoft-programs/fe9fe5bb-4730-44b6-bbc2-d335f8d36879
  4. Microsoft Edge (latest version) minor problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge (latest version) minor problem: I am not sure what is the problem with this information on Microsoft Edge. Yes I am using the latest version of Edge. Here is the information below that show on the monitor about the problem. Your connection isn't secure This site uses an outdated security configuration...
  5. Latest Version Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Version Win10 Update: This a.m. I was asked to begin loading the latest update on Win10. I clicked to begin the up date. That was just about 8 hours ago. It's still just little wheel spinning merrily on my screen. Can I interrupt the process and start again? Must I wait as long as it takes?...
  6. Not getting latest Win10 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not getting latest Win10 version: I currently have Version 1709 and have been using that, and now have been reading that Version 1809 is working well and decided to upgrade. However, I'm doing Windows Update right now and it's showing that Version 1803 is downloading instead of 1809. Is there a way to just...
  7. Not getting latest Win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting latest Win10 version: I currently have Version 1709 and have been using that, and now have been reading that Version 1809 is working well and decided to upgrade. However, I'm doing Windows Update right now and it's showing that Version 1803 is downloading instead of 1809. Is there a way to just...
  8. Latest win10 1809 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest win10 1809 problems: After installing latest win 10 1809 2 problems: Problem 1: something went wrong. we,re sorr but we can,t able to do that. Error code: code: 0x8000000b. problem 2: internet not working and only the airplane choice is available. Please advice. 121812
  9. How to update to latest win10 version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...
  10. Trying to update to latest win10 version

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to update to latest win10 version: When I try to update it gets just so far and then a message pops up telling me that Avira AntiVir has to be uninstalled because it is not compatible with Win10. When I attempt to uninstall the Avira it gets very, very close to doing so, but then freezes and will never...