Windows 10: Problems with notebook webcam/microphone for online video interviews

Discus and support Problems with notebook webcam/microphone for online video interviews in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi.Has anyone had problems with connecting to the webcam/camera and microphone on their notebook or mobile phone – in order to do a online video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew Walter, May 3, 2021.

1. Problems with notebook webcam/microphone for online video interviews

Hi.Has anyone had problems with connecting to the webcam/camera and microphone on their notebook or mobile phone – in order to do a online video interview for a job application?As I don't have the NBN or broadband at home, I USB tethered my 5 year old HP notebook Windows 10 to my Nokia 2.3 mobile phone Android 11.Neither the notebook or phone, I could access the webcam/camera and microphone with.I called the technical support number for who manages Woolworths online interviews, but the guy couldn't help.This has happened to me before with either my current or previous Android phone.- Someh

:)

Andrew Walter, May 3, 2021

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, May 3, 2021
  3. Neither my webcam nor my microphone are working

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

• Do you have webcam and Microphone Together?

• How have you connected the Webcam and Microphone to the computer?

• If USB, have you tried switching the ports?

Please reply for further help.

Waseemulla S, May 3, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Problems with notebook webcam/microphone for online video interviews

My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Problems with notebook webcam/microphone for online video interviews

1. Problems with notebook webcam/microphone for online video interviews - Similar Threads - Problems notebook webcam

2. Webcam no video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam no video?: Hey guys, I have a Logitech C615 webcam which was working just fine yesterday. I needed to change its USB port and since making the change, it has no video output. I have since returned it to its previous port and the issue persists. My privacy settings are correct, the...
  3. notebook webcam does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notebook webcam does not work: I already checked the device manager and the webcam is not even recognize the webcam , but it is always connected since I cant even remove it submitted by /u/fabrik_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxpw3y/notebook_webcam_does_not_work/
  4. Webcam Microphone issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Microphone issues: Yet another Windows 10 issue... I have an external USB webcam/microphone from Aukey, the issue is the same I had with another one I sent back to Amazon thinking it was dud The micrphone cycles to work or not. On teams as the deafult mic it won't work. When I cycle to the...
  5. Microphone and Webcam Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone and Webcam Access: Hello! My thoughts are with everyone. I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone. On Google Meet, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. the microphone and webcam connect, but my computer then tells me that they don't...
  6. microphone and webcam

microphone and webcam: I am using VAIO Intel cor i3 processor 2.20 Ghz. I used webcam and built in microphone for skype calls but now both of them are not working. I dont know whether they are physically damaged or there is some error in the software. Please help. Also i have Ms Office not...
  7. Webcam and Microphone Issue

Webcam and Microphone Issue: Hello, I have an HP ENVY - 15-as133cl. I have installed windows 10 1903 on it. My Webcam and Microphone works in sound recorder and in Facebook Messenger app. It does not work in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Adobe Audition. It also does not work on any websites that need...
  8. Asus Notebook webcam error

Asus Notebook webcam error: I have an Asus Vivobook pro n580vd notebook. Specs: Intel i7 7700 HQ Nvidia GTX 1050 4 GB motherboard: asus x580vd Win 10 home Its built in camera did not work, when I bought it. Even the windows didn't recognise there was a webcam. It was fixed, the whole LED panel...
  9. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...
  10. online videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    online videos: I am unable to play online videos. What can I do to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-videos/c6a679aa-d742-4ea6-9283-3056414c5367