Windows 10: Problems with numerous KBs in Windows 10, the latest being KB4579311

Discus and support Problems with numerous KBs in Windows 10, the latest being KB4579311 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have had problems with Windows 10 updates since the start of September, and just kept hoping that each Patch Tuesday would bring a fix, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by thinwhiteduke, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Problems with numerous KBs in Windows 10, the latest being KB4579311

Hi,

I have had problems with Windows 10 updates since the start of September, and just kept hoping that each Patch Tuesday would bring a fix, but nothing yet *Sad

The original KB I had problems with was KB4571756 (error code 0x80073712), but I can't now find a record of that in my Update History, so don't know what's happened to it.

Now, the problem is with KB 4579311 with error code 0x800f081f. It says it has downloaded and the install gets to 100%, but then it throws up this message with the error code:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800f081f)

Above it in red is: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"

I have spent a long time researching possible resolutions, and have tried:

• Running your "Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components.bat"
    • sfc /scannow
    • chkdsk c: /f
    • Running the DISM tools
    • Running the Windows Update troubleshooter

all to no avail. I've also tried manually installing it from the Update Catalogue (it just says at the end that it hasn't been installed).

Fortunately, my PC is still booting up and working though.

My version of Windows is:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 2004
    Installed on: 29/05/2020
    OS build: 19041.388
    Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

The pc (originally from Mesh) came pre-built with Windows already installed, so I don't have the original installation disk.

I've attached the Belarc Advisor status file if it helps.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help get me up to date!!

Tim

:)

thinwhiteduke, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Numerous problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing with Windows 10. Do not worry. We'll be glad to help you in resolving this issue. Let us know few details regarding this issue for better clarity.

1. What is the name/KB number of the update that you installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the complete error message of Blue Scree Of Death?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    4. If the reinstallation of Windows is successful, are you able to boot into your Windows 10?

Before trying the below steps, remove all the external devices from your computer expect the keyboard and mouse.

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if this helps.

If you are able to login to your computer, I suggest you to post the Minidump file, which is located in
    C:\Windows\Minidump.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Problems with numerous KBs in Windows 10, the latest being KB4579311

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Problems with numerous KBs in Windows 10, the latest being KB4579311

1. Problems with numerous KBs in Windows 10, the latest being KB4579311 - Similar Threads - Problems numerous KBs

2. Problems with KB4579311 (OS Build 19041.572)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with KB4579311 (OS Build 19041.572): Hey, so, this seems to have started happening basically since I downloaded the update. First off, every time I boot, it checks the disk. I've used the disk checker itself, by right clicking my SSD and going to properties, then tools, but that didn't seem to fix anything....
  3. Windows 10 KB4579311 fails to install and causes other issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 KB4579311 fails to install and causes other issues: Respeted Team members, Yesterday night my HP desktop window 10 pro updates installed KB 4579311, KB4571756,KB4578968 but i have not update an restart and next morning again i have not update and restart On require i always shut down or restart. Now after few hours...
  4. Win 10 update problem, KB4579311

Win 10 update problem, KB4579311: I used to login as an admin on my laptop, using a PIN. AFAIK, I've never used a password. After the latest update 13 Oct , I'm only given the option to login with a password. When I try to reset the password, I'm presented with 3 security questions and I haven't the faintest...
  5. Windows Update Fails KB4579311

Windows Update Fails KB4579311: I've tried to update Win10 many times but it keeps failing. I've run the manual install and it gives me a message that the update was not installed but no reason. I've run windows update and rebooted many times. I have plenty of disk space and have run sfc, dism. I've...
  6. Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4579311: I installed 4 updates today on my HP desktop. Now Microsoft office 365 will not open. I tried to re-install and get an error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-update-for-microsoft-windows-kb4579311/6046785c-5126-4d0f-aee9-6d44cb7df567
  7. Windows 10 - Windows Update fails - KB4579311 - 0x80073701

Windows 10 - Windows Update fails - KB4579311 - 0x80073701: Hello, Windows Update fails as per above. Also cannot add Windows features: same error Have tried sfc and DISM; no errors reported. Extract from CBS.log 2020-10-16 15:00:36, Error CSI 0000015b F HRESULT_FROM_WIN32ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING...
  8. Numerous problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous problems: did an update and when i woke up in the morning the computer was on the BSOD saying cant fix the issue. i have 2 issues the dang srt log, which i have seen numerous post about, and i also have ntoskrnl.exe issue. I cant figure out how to fix this. I have formatted and...
  9. Numerous problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous problems: Hi all, having lots of problems. Firstly windows update isn't working. Downloaded update repair and it stalled at 'starting bits services'. Tried to do a disk check but file explorer crashes. Email says settings are out of date, when I try to repair I get error...
  10. Numerous win 10 problems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numerous win 10 problems.: Hi all, having lots of problems. Firstly windows update isn't working. Downloaded update repair and it stalled at 'starting bits services'. Tried to do a disk check but file explorer crashes. Email says settings are out of date, when I try to repair I get error...
Tags: