Windows 10: Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

Discus and support Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IamEmkay, Jan 26, 2021.

1. IamEmkay Win User

Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website.

The problem is that even with the drivers installed, none of the applications or games use the Nvidia graphics card. All of them run with the integrated Intel graphics, and there seems to be no way to force them to use the Nvidia card.

I have tried the following things:

1. Fresh installing windows 10 ultimate and drivers provided by lenovo and updated all

2. Disabling the Intel display adapter from device manager and then running applications and games which require a dedicated graphics card.

4. I tried reinstalling nvidia drivers, but then game not event start "system don't meet requirements". I can't set nvidia as default card, and I cannot force it to switch when the game is already started by Intel card.

5. I can see my Graphic card as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" Gforce experience is also "unable to download recommended drivers"6. tired using GPU-z program it registers my GPU but its also unable to recognize it...

Is there any fix/solution to this problem? I red many complains about this bug, and no working solutions. I'm looking forward for some log-sharing that we could track the root of the problem, but I don't know where to start.

Can you guys please investigate this issue?

Thanks.

:)

IamEmkay, Jan 26, 2021
  2. sharathBJ Win User

lenovo y510p nvidia geforce gt 755m driver missing and cd drive missing

lenovo y510p nvidia geforce gt 755m driver missing and cd drive missing in windows 10 how to install it

sharathBJ, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, please help!

I have a Y510P. Had no problems so far w/ Win 10 64bit Home. I did a clean Win 10 install upgrade (didn't want any issues to migrate from my Win7). I have dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 755Ms (not 750). Drivers are up-to-date. System info (using HWiNFO64) as follows:

Computer: LENOVO Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ (Haswell-MB, C0)
    2400 MHz (24.00x100.0) @ 3196 MHz (32.00x99.9)
    Motherboard: LENOVO VIQY0Y1
    Chipset: Intel HM86 (Lynx Point)
    Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 799 MHz, 11.0-11-11-28
    - 8192 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - SK Hynix HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB
    - 8192 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - SK Hynix HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M [Lenovo]
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M, 2048 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M [Lenovo]
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M, 2048 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
    Drive: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Sound: Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C2]
    Sound: NVIDIA GK107 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Network: Qualcomm/Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Network: Intel Wireless-N 7260 BGN 2x2 HMC WiFi Adapter

I don't have a solution for you, but maybe knowing my config will help.

John 70834, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, please help!

Besides the graphics cards, it looks virtually identical to mine, though I have Realtek HD Audio, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB HDD + 24GB SSD. I installed Windows 10 via Windows Update on 8.1 . I just restarted it and it seems to be running pretty smoothly, I'll let you guys know if it does it again.

henrodstone, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

1. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P - Similar Threads - Problems Nvidia 755M

2. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop: Out of nowhere my laptop started to get into some sort of bootloop. At first it was every 5 minutes it would restart, but after about an hour, it's just constantly restarting before it can even make it to any screen.I press the power button, the keyboard manages to light up...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop: Out of nowhere my laptop started to get into some sort of bootloop. At first it was every 5 minutes it would restart, but after about an hour, it's just constantly restarting before it can even make it to any screen.I press the power button, the keyboard manages to light up...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck in a bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10: Hello there.I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website.Despite all the efforts I’ve put into fixing this issue for almost 2 years now there’s been no success. Kindly advise.I’ve...
  6. Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Nvidia GT 755M on Lenovo Ideapad Y510P running Windows 10: Hello there.I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510P which has an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card. I am using the latest drivers for windows 10 from Lenovo's website.Despite all the efforts I’ve put into fixing this issue for almost 2 years now there’s been no success. Kindly advise.I’ve...
  7. Audio driver for Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver for Lenovo Y510P: Hello. I have Lenovo Y510P and upgraded to W10 64bit. It has no sounds and has an red X where the icon is. I hear that my laptop isnt W10 compatible but there must be someone out there using it on W10. What driver can I use?? I have tried the driver for 8 and 8.1 but it...
  8. NVIDIA Driver causes system instability and BSOD in Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVIDIA Driver causes system instability and BSOD in Lenovo Y510P: I am currently running the 358.50 version of GeForce drivers, however there are newer ones available (361.43). For some reason when I tried updating, my system got really unstable and eventually blue screened with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. When I rebooted it was fine,...
  9. A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A problem with NVIDIA GeForce GT 220: Hey guys, I got a new PC yesterday (well, for me it's new) but it has problem with the video card. Windows 10 isn't detecting the Display Driver, which is pretty bad because all my games are lagging because of this. When I start the computer, sometimes (not every time)...
  10. Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, please help!: Hey guys, I installed Windows 10 on the 29th and have been mostly happy except for one major issue: when I leave my laptop alone for about 10-20 minutes, the OS completely locks up and all I can do is hold down the power button and force it to shut down. For those of you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. y510p windows 10 nvidia