Windows 10: Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync

Discus and support Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have encountred multiple issues in windows recently: INFO - I am logged into Office already and Microsoft account is connected to windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Šimon Kala, May 22, 2019.

1. Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync

Hello,

I have encountred multiple issues in windows recently:

INFO - I am logged into Office already and Microsoft account is connected to windows.

OneDrive wanted me to log in, but it didnt let me because my private account was greyed out, so I looked online and found this, where they say: "To sync personal accounts, sign in to Windows with your Microsoft account.", which I already did,

Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync ae46bc4e-443a-40de-8e91-3a913b704614?upload=true.png

so I tried disconnecting the microsoft account from windows and then revert it, I disconnected it successfully,

Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync a0725ade-c219-4b7d-8a2c-0f160b848fce?upload=true.png

but when I tried logging in again -> pressed "Místo toho se přihlaste pomocí účtu Microsoft." (Login with a Microsoft account instead.) and entered all of the credentials I saw this (I am the only user):

Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync 836154dc-ff3c-4980-9647-f302c1bd29ad?upload=true.png

(Behind the orange is my email address.)

What can I do ?

Thanks for any help!

Simon

PS: Sorry for my English.

:)

Šimon Kala, May 22, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, May 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, May 22, 2019
  4. Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync

How to Sync OneDrive Account not Associated with Microsoft Account?

Hi there,

I am new to Windows 10 and hope you can help me. I am trying to set up my OneDrive account to sync across two (soon to be three) PCs and am having trouble.

I have an account with OneDrive for business through my university. I installed OneDrive on my Windows 7 laptop to sync my main bulk storage files. I logged in with my university username and began the sync no problem. Now, on my Windows 10 desktop, when I try to link OneDrive with my university account, I am told that this Microsoft account does not exist. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I want to log into my computer using a local account, but sync to my university one drive account. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks for your help!

gehringgame, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync

1. Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync - Similar Threads - Problems OneDrive Microsoft

2. OneDrive sync problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync problem: Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few weeks ago. I went to the OneDrive account through a browser and cannot find many of my latest files and folders that are in...
  3. OneDrive sync problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive sync problem: Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few weeks ago. I went to the OneDrive account through a browser and cannot find many of my latest files and folders that are in...
  4. OneDrive sync problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive syncing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive syncing problems: I have a laptop, a desktop and phone all linked to my OneDrive. The laptop is not in sync with OneDrive but my desktop and phone are. How do I get the laptop in sync with OneDrive and the other two devices? Ted Delaney *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Onedrive sync problem

Onedrive sync problem: Hi, I'm having a strange problem with onedrive, v19.192.0926.0012 on W10 pro. It has worked fine until just recently. I use sequential numbered folders for my projects, and it has stopped syncing the latest ones (about 600 total folders). I make them on the W10 desktop...
  7. OneDrive Syncing Problem

OneDrive Syncing Problem: OneDrive keeps trying to sync log files that are open by Tableau Desktop. I excluded the folder from syncing in the settings, paused and restarted syncing, even stopped syncing and started it again, but OneDrive is still trying to sync the files in the folder. P.S. I am...
  8. OneDrive Sync problem!

OneDrive Sync problem!: OneDrive has added Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders to my OneDrive after I made Windows reset. I don't want to sync them, I sometimes have really large files on my desktop, this ain't normal. OneDrive shouldn't choose what to sync!...
  9. OneDrive Sync problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive Sync problem: I don't like that onedrive sync my files, documents and other folder administrated for me in my PC computer, How to resolving this problem?, so that only to sync files in Onedrive and no in my PC (Document or Desktop. Please somebody help me. Thank you..........
  10. How to Sync OneDrive Account not Associated with Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Sync OneDrive Account not Associated with Microsoft Account?: Hi there, I am new to Windows 10 and hope you can help me. I am trying to set up my OneDrive account to sync across two (soon to be three) PCs and am having trouble. I have an account with OneDrive for business through my university. I installed OneDrive on my Windows 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Onedrive doest let to add address - original address does not exist

2. windows phone onedrive login issues