Windows 10: Problems with OneDrive/ Remove or Restore Message

Discus and support Problems with OneDrive/ Remove or Restore Message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear Forum, I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft 365 including OneDrive. I am set up to work via OneDrive ie my folder of working files (which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomD39, Oct 20, 2020.

1. TomD39 Win User

Problems with OneDrive/ Remove or Restore Message

Dear Forum,

I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft 365 including OneDrive.

I am set up to work via OneDrive ie my folder of working files (which is large) is on OD

Periodically I copy my OD folder to my PC as an emergency back-up to my OD files and delete superseded OD files.

This set-up has served me well until my most recent back-up to PC. My task bar OD icon now has a yellow triangle superimposed. On clicking it I get this new (for me) message:
    "OneDrive needs your attention/ Remove files from One Drive?/ You recently deleted 170 files or moved those files out of your OneDrive folder on this device. Do you want to remove them from OneDrive too?" Two click buttons are presented: Remove/ Restore.

The above message appears to make a distinction between "OneDrive" and "OneDrive folder" which I don't understand.

However, the real problem for me is that I do not wish to perform either of these actions:
    1) I have already copied or deleted the files that I wish to.
    If I click "Remove" then my original OD working files (which obviously continue to carry the same names as the one's I just copied/ deleted) could surely be themselves removed?
    2) If I click "Restore" then my backing-up to PC and deletion of superseded files is reversed.

I have tried rebooting my computer and switching OD off/ on but the above message continues to be shown.

I am obviously very concerned about messing up my OD files and PC back-ups as they are irreplaceable. Moreover, I am a cautious and relatively inexperienced computer user after experiencing a complete loss of data some years ago.

Please advise me if you can, in the simplest of terms, with my thanks.

:)

TomD39, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with OneDrive/ Remove or Restore Message - Similar Threads - Problems OneDrive Remove

2. OneDrive Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Restore: This is a hypothetical question. Assume I have been using OneDrive to backup Documents folder, Photos, and Desktop folder. I have been making a full image backup of my computer drives using a different program Acronis backup. I have to restore the full image backup to my...
  3. OneDrive Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Restore: This is a hypothetical question. Assume I have been using OneDrive to backup Documents folder, Photos, and Desktop folder. I have been making a full image backup of my computer drives using a different program Acronis backup. I have to restore the full image backup to my...
  4. OneDrive Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive removed desktop folders and files and cannot restore files.

Onedrive removed desktop folders and files and cannot restore files.: Hi,I do not know why my Onedrive started recently but I had nearly all my desktop folders and files removed.I went to onedrive on line and asked to restore all from the recycled folder where they all appeared.They eventually ended up on the desktop but folder contents are...
  6. Onedrive removed desktop folders and files and cannot restore files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive removed desktop folders and files and cannot restore files.: Hi,I do not know why my Onedrive started recently but I had nearly all my desktop folders and files removed.I went to onedrive on line and asked to restore all from the recycled folder where they all appeared.They eventually ended up on the desktop but folder contents are...
  7. Onedrive removed desktop folders and files and cannot restore files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Restore of onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore of onedrive: My drive has been erased in computer but, saved in onedrive. now I want to know how to restore from onedrive to the new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-of-onedrive/340bbf09-6375-48f0-9ca5-59322dac73bc
  9. File structure problems after removing OneDrive

File structure problems after removing OneDrive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_drive-mso_win10-mso_365hp/onedrive-deletion-problems/910e7df0-9ae0-4dd2-9214-e4a64f9f3e61?messageId=2655a964-a9e4-41e6-8bbf-a8bf1e547838 I have been asking for help in the Office 365 area of the forums while some...
  10. OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem: I have uninstalled OneDrive but find that the OneDrive folder / directory remains, under which there is the default folders for music, documents and pictures. I would like to ask if it is possible to remove the OneDrive folder completely, and if so what happens to all those...