Windows 10: Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update

Discus and support Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Twice I've tried to install Windows 10 update 1809. Both times it corrupted Microsoft Outlook 2013. When I'd try to open Outlook, I'd immediately get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyLudlum, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update

Twice I've tried to install Windows 10 update 1809. Both times it corrupted Microsoft Outlook 2013. When I'd try to open Outlook, I'd immediately get a blue screen saying the entire computer (not just Outlook) had to be restarted. I tried to fix Outlook, tried rolling back the update to 1803, but nothing repaired the corruption to Outlook. I finally had to re-image the computer with an image with 1803. (Another minor thing that happened was that my desktop background photo disappeared, leaving me with a black desktop screen.) I can't seem to find a good answer as to what to do. I have Windows 10 Home so I've had to fool the computer by saying I'm on a metered connection so it won't keep downloading the update. But sometime I'm going to want to update and I'm looking for a solution. Is Microsoft still working on bugs related to 1809? Thanks to anyone for your suggestions.

:)

AndyLudlum, Feb 20, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Feb 20, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update

firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update

1. Problems with Outlook Caused by Windows 1809 Update - Similar Threads - Problems Outlook Caused

2. Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems: Hello all,I have an Asus Zenbook UX430UA, a pretty good Ultrabook from 2018. I currently have windows 1809 installed because its the only OS that works. I have tried installing linux, and windows version above 1809 but they all cause problems. I know this is not a linux forum...
  3. Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems: Hello all,I have an Asus Zenbook UX430UA, a pretty good Ultrabook from 2018. I currently have windows 1809 installed because its the only OS that works. I have tried installing linux, and windows version above 1809 but they all cause problems. I know this is not a linux forum...
  4. Windows Updates Cause Problems

Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  5. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  6. KB4522741 causes problem with iCloud / Outlook

KB4522741 causes problem with iCloud / Outlook: Following installation of KB4522741, I noticed that Outlook was no longer showing the iCloud calendar. After several hours going down blind alleys (including researching the message Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your...
  7. Windows 10 update 1809 problem

Windows 10 update 1809 problem: My laptop just died after updating into the new rereleased Windows 10 update 1809... first the laptop couldn't enter after the logging process... blank screen appeared and personalized settings not responding... then after that it shut down by itself... and it restarted but...
  8. Version 1809 caused out of memory in VBA code in Outlook

Version 1809 caused out of memory in VBA code in Outlook: I got problems with some VBA code I use for Outlook, causing out of memory errors. The code got stuck on this row: Set wdDoc = objOpenInspector.WordEditor After going back to previous Windows 10 version 1803 things are working again. Office version (Office 2016 or Office...
  9. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...
  10. Update to 1809: Outlook 2016 will no Longer Connect

Update to 1809: Outlook 2016 will no Longer Connect: I have recently updated a user to 1809 to fix an issue experienced on 1709 using VPNs (last resort). The upgrade fixed the issue with NetExtender; however, I noticed Outlook displayed the "Trying to Connect" in the bottom right corner. I began the basic troubleshooting (i.e....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook signature issue windows 1809

2. does WIN 10 1809 corrupt OUTLOOK

3. outlook update 1809

4. outlook 2019 opens slowly windows 10 1809,
  5. windows 10 1809 broke my outlook,
  6. 0x80040154 outlook 2010 Windows 10 1809,
  7. outlook 2013 slow displaying or not displaying images since 1809 KB4489899 update,
  8. Windows 1809 Outlook PDF error opening