Windows 10: Problems with password after being in sleep mode

Discus and support Problems with password after being in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows does not ask for password after being in sleep mode. Require sign in is selected in stetting's for "When PC wakes up from sleep"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shane Dunstan, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Problems with password after being in sleep mode

Windows does not ask for password after being in sleep mode. Require sign in is selected in stetting's for "When PC wakes up from sleep"

:)

Shane Dunstan, Feb 5, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Problem with SLEEP mode

I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

jonestheword, Feb 5, 2020
  4. curt jugg Win User

Problems with password after being in sleep mode

Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Problems with password after being in sleep mode

1. Problems with password after being in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Problems password being

2. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  3. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  4. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode: I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a windows stop code when I put it to sleep. It doesn't happen the first time I put it to sleep -- only the second time?!? I've...
  5. PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down after being in sleep mode?: I usually put my computer to sleep once I am done for the night but when I get back up in the morning to turn it on it just boots up from shut down mode instead of sleep mode. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments]...
  6. Problem with Sleep mode after update

Problem with Sleep mode after update: So pre-update i'd leave apps running and enter sleep mode they would keep running which is what i wanted. post update the apps are put on pause and only resume when turned back on. So is there a way to fix this or if not reverse the update. Really don't like it when the...
  7. problem with display after sleep mode

problem with display after sleep mode: hey. so i have gaming laptop, now its working on the battery i woke up my pc from sleep mode and that what happens every time , what can cuse this ? https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png https://i.imgur.com/GRknaDM.png submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  8. PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle: I know my password, after a recommended update I now have to enter a different way, either a PIN or the password to one of my mail accounts which I found odd. How do I set it back to the way I had it originally? HELP?????...
  9. disable password after sleep mode wakeup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable password after sleep mode wakeup: how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/disable-password-after-sleep-mode-wakeup/bc4b76aa-28a7-46c2-85ed-eff375353f00"
  10. USB problem after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB problem after sleep mode: When my computer is reawakened from sleep mode I get several warnings: It warns me that the battery backup is no longer connected; and several warnings that the USB device last connected has malfunctioned. At first I thought it was the printer because I couldn't print so I...