Windows 10: problems with password

Discus and support problems with password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; why did it take so long for me to get the laptop up and running? I typed in my password and it just sat there and did nothing, so i left and tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Laserbeam125, Nov 13, 2018.

1. problems with password

why did it take so long for me to get the laptop up and running? I typed in my password and it just sat there and did nothing, so i left and tried again later, it did come on last night but this morning it told me my password was wrong, i did change it 1 month ago but it just would not take it, i tried yet again after a few minutes and wow it came on with the password i changed 1 month ago. does someone have control of this laptop? the same thing happened last week on tuesday it took forever to come on and when it did i got a msg there were files ready to b burned to a cd, i have no files to be burned, haven't done that in years, i deleted the file as i did not recognize it. does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? right now i am running fix it stick which will take about 3 to 4 hrs to run, hopefully it will fix things.

:)

Laserbeam125, Nov 13, 2018

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 13, 2018
  4. problems with password

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

problems with password

1. problems with password - Similar Threads - problems password

2. Problem with pin and password before downloading

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with pin and password before downloading: Why can't I download a program using my pin? The pin and/or password are both rejected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-pin-and-password-before-downloading/9bae21d5-85c2-4d4b-bc10-cd550a2584e3
  3. Network Share Password Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Share Password Problem: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  4. Password problems Need login help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problems Need login help: When I finish with my computer 6/22/2019 it stated not to close because of a window download and the computer would shut off when finished. The next day I was locked out because my computer didn’t recognize my face, pin# or password. I have spent 3 days with Microsoft and...
  5. Google Apps Password Problem? Unauthorized Entry Into PCs & Phones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Apps Password Problem? Unauthorized Entry Into PCs & Phones: I have no idea if this is the correct forum... My sister is separated from he husband and when he left he took her Windows 10 laptop and her Chromebook. She eventually got them back by involving the police, but since then he's been able to access her computers and phone....
  6. Admin Password problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Password problem: Hi, I have recently been having problems with my admin password. I had a similar scenario about 2 years ago, but one of your people fixed this issue by adding a new admin identity. I typed in, NewAdminPrimary with a password of either 1234 or 12345. He also advised me to...
  7. Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem...": For 5 days I've been trying to reset my Microsoft Account password and keep getting the same error message over and over (below) and none of the Microsoft automated account help or phone/text bots are able to help and I cannot get a hold of a human...I hope to God my account...
  8. Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb: Hi, Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb installer. How can I install the windows usb if the computer bios is not set to be 1st during boot? Thanks, Joe...
  9. Windows insider preview build, problem with password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows insider preview build, problem with password: When I am trying to log in, the system tells me that the password is wrong. I was able to weblogin though it took me to the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-preview-build-problem-with/ccc64fce-309b-477f-a04e-f642e011c582
  10. Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password problems: I recently changed my password for my account. However I can sign into the Microsoft community with it BUT cannot sign into my laptop with it. I'm given a hint which relates to an old forgotten password. Why is this and what has happened? Fortunately I have an image...