Windows 10: Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4

Discus and support Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 I am working it with Arduino microcontrollers connecting them via ports com3 or com4. I had a random problem where half of the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dziubym, Jun 18, 2020.

1. dziubym Win User

Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4

WINDOWS 10
    I am working it with Arduino microcontrollers connecting them via ports com3 or com4.
    I had a random problem where half of the time communication did not work. I was receiving semaphore time out problems.
    The problem was usually going away after the series of restarts. I was trying to find a permament fix. I thought there is something wrong with COM3 and COM4 settings. I tried to delet and install them anew and now I don't see them anymore. And have no clue how to fix it.
    In Control Panel automatic scan for new hardware is not detecting them.
    I am including two screenshots to describe my dilema.
    I managed to somehow enable the communication to work on COM4 last night.
    Now as you can see I see no COM3 COM4 in Control Panel but when I list the list of ports it shows COM4 as Busy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4 [​IMG]

Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4 [​IMG]

:)

dziubym, Jun 18, 2020

2. Bluetooth coms fail with duplicate com3 port

After further testing it would appear that if I create an incoming At Serial port manually then the instrument will connect and transfer data, which is a significant improvement.

However the process is not straight forward -:

Start app & Check ports => 1x com3

Open settings => bluetooth and other devices.

Pair instrument

check "Bluetooth settings" > com ports (Com3 & Com4)

Check ports in app: 2xcom3 and 1x com4

Try to connect from app=> none of ports will connect

go to "Bluetooth settings" & delete all com ports (1xcom3 and 1x com4)

Create incoming port => creates 1x com3 incoming serial.

Goto app => displays 2xcom3

App connects using first com3

I will try to streamline this.

The pairing process clearly does not create com ports that work. But why should a manually-created port work?

Stephen_Ford, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Bluetooth coms fail with duplicate com3 port

OK, I can make a connection but there are com ports left in the wake of the process which dont work and which have to be removed by hand... and that includes editing the registry - so that can't be right.

So I am back asking the question what is happening in the sequence below which is not supposed to be... and why is that? Appologies but it's a hell of a long process to get to the errors - but that's what Ive been left fighting with...

The instrument is called a Kane

The aim of this testing is to see if the PC and Kane can be turned on, connected, turned off, turned on and connected again - without fuss. On my old XP pc I can do this successfully all day. With my win10 PC I have to edit the registry...

Unpair device

Com ports disappear from BT Settings

Regedit

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\COM Name Arbiter = 0

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM shows 2xcom3 (which must be wrong...?)

Delete 2x com3

Reboot

Switch on Kane

Run app

No com ports

connect

no com ports

Devices and printers (this has worked in the past)

Add device

No Kane

BT & Other devices

Add BT device

Select Kane

connect

2x connection msgs

Done

More BT options

com ports tab

Note com3 & com4 AT serial

App

select com4

connect

success

save data

success

disconnect

close

shut down Kane

reboot pc

Switch on kane

BT & other devices

More BT options

Settings

com ports

Note com3 & com4 AT serial

cancel

select kane

dialogue shows "paired"

App

com3 & com4 available

select com4

connect

add device msg from windows

add

Dialogue shows "connection failed..." WHY?

BT & other devices

More BT settings

delete com3/4

add com3 outgoing AT serial

app

only com3 showing

select com3

connect

select "add"

Pair device msg - connection failed - WHY?

close

BT & other devices

select Kane and unpair

Select add bt device

select kane

connect

dialogue shows "paired"

BT settings show com3 AT serial and com4

app

now 2xcom3 +com4

select both com3s in turn and get "Port not functioning" for both, WHY?

I can now begin at the top of this process and edit the registry to remove the duplicate com ports.

Stephen_Ford, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4

Yellow ! next to Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)

I have upgraded my HP Pavilion g6-2332 SA Laptop to Windows 10.1 and when I connect a HooToo 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub to the Laptop a Yellow
    ! appears next to the "Prolific USB-to-Serial Com Port (COM3)" entry in Device Manager after the "USB-to-Serial" Port Driver files have finished installing.

John Andrew Davis, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4

1. Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4 - Similar Threads - Problems Phisical Serial

2. Windows 10 and serial ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and serial ports: Can windows 10 support serial ports. I installed a dual port serial card PCI Express and I cannot get it to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-serial-ports/4315b8d9-2ac5-4df6-8518-55aa038de787
  3. Serial Port Driver

Serial Port Driver: I need to install a serial port driver. Where can I find such a driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-port-driver/4a31f06a-0c90-4c1d-9379-6e1b6d982898
  4. USB serial port driver

USB serial port driver: Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8
  5. error 433,communication port COM3 could not be opened

error 433,communication port COM3 could not be opened: the communication port COM3 could not be opened. windows error#433-se ha especificado un dispositivo que no existe. i have thies error when i try to made a communication between a module AG9 trough usb to ttl serial module, but the proble is had that problem tanks for your...
  6. Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Phisical Serial Ports Com3 Com4: WINDOWS 10 I am working it with Arduino microcontrollers connecting them via ports com3 or com4. I had a random problem where half of the time communication did not work. I was receiving semaphore time out problems. The problem was usually going away after the series of...
  7. COM3 COM4 ports missing

COM3 COM4 ports missing: I have posted this thread in General support but now I think this section may be better. WINDOWS 10 I am working it with Arduino microcontrollers connecting them via ports com3 or com4. I had a random problem where half of the time communication did not work. I was receiving...
  8. Serial com ports.

Serial com ports.: I am trying to use a USB-RS232 lead on my laptop. I cannot create any COM ports and none are there by default. If I try this on my desktop it works perfectly. When trying to create a COM port I get an invalid parameter error and the creation fails Windows 10 Home...
  9. BSOD serial-port

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD serial-port: BSOD when the program Siemens STARTER using the serial-port. 77830
  10. Are Serial Ports Available ?

Are Serial Ports Available ?: I have a Shuttle (SH67) Computer running WIN10, 64 bit, for an O/S. Are there cards available to give me Serial Ports ? A Google search was useless !! Thanks, Richard S. 31197

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid to com port windows 10

2. nu vot