Windows 10: Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in

Discus and support Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently retired and my Office 365 for work was disabled. I purchased and installed the Office 365 Personal version on my PC. I can't logon to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sternbre, May 15, 2021.

1. sternbre Win User

Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in

I recently retired and my Office 365 for work was disabled. I purchased and installed the Office 365 Personal version on my PC. I can't logon to OneDrive, OneNote, Skype or Sign in from within my software apps, and I don't know if there is some conflict with what I had and what I recently installed. I'm prompted to Use Windows Hello and to set up a Face, Fingerprint or PIN. When I go into my Sign-in Options, my Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are unavailable. It states: This option is currently unavailable--click to learn more. I'm unable to use the other choices since I don't have a Security Key o

:)

sternbre, May 15, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 15, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 15, 2021
  4. Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in

Hello & PIN sign-in options missing

Hi,

The Hello (face recognition) and PIN options have disappeared from the sign-in options on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

This occurred after having to resolve a SecureBoot problem - likely to be due to a recent automatic upgrade.

Each time I try and set a new image and new PIN, I get caught in a loop for the PIN and the image for Hello never successfully forces through creation of Hello and PIN sign-in options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BArry

BarryMacleod-Cullinane, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in

1. Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in - Similar Threads - Problems PIN Hello

2. OneDrive Hello PIN sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Hello PIN sign-in: I can not sign in with my OneDrive Hello PIN sign-in option on the Desktop App.No problem with the "Cloud" version.I have uninstalled OneDrive, reinstalled it, reset PASSWORD, reset PIN, and waited 2 days.I have done all that a twice....
  3. OneDrive Hello PIN sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Hello PIN sign-in: I can not sign in with my OneDrive Hello PIN sign-in option on the Desktop App.No problem with the "Cloud" version.I have uninstalled OneDrive, reinstalled it, reset PASSWORD, reset PIN, and waited 2 days.I have done all that a twice....
  4. Sign in PIN problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in PIN problem: I can’t sign into my computer. Message is “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again.”Two options and neither works. Anyone have suggested help?...
  5. Pin problem signing in

Pin problem signing in: When I go to sign in to my Microsoft account on my computer, it says something happened and my pin isn’t available. When I looked this up the solution was to click other sign in options, but my computer only has a button that says set up pin. When I click that, and button...
  6. Sign in Hello and PIN

Sign in Hello and PIN: The Hello and Pin Sign in Options are not working. Keep getting errors and restart option. doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-hello-and-pin/ca92c5d4-f081-4a93-85ac-6629bd9f639f
  7. Hello pin problem

Hello pin problem: Hi, I have a problem with the hello pin in my windows computer whenever I set my pin it always say ''something went wrong'' ''We weren't able to set up your PIN'' please help me thank you....
  8. PIN sign-in problem

PIN sign-in problem: Hi, I set up my PINfor the first time along with the finger print sign in. Then I tried logging in with the finger print but then it shows that I need to sign in with my PIN too. I tried logging in with the PIN but then it shows that 'Something went wrong and your PIN isn't...
  9. Hello sign in problem

Hello sign in problem: I have an HP Envy running Windows 10. I was able to sign in using my password or fingerprint. but not a PIN.Settings seemed to think there was a PIN set, but I didn't know what it was so I clicked on I forgot my PIN and created a new one. After rebooting I found I was only...
  10. Pin sign in problem

Pin sign in problem: I am trying to sign in to my account. I only have the option to enter a pin. When it is entered, the “welcome” shows, then it says unable to verify credentials. I choose the only option, which is to set up a pin and follow the sign in options with my password. Once it gets to...