Windows 10: Problems with PIN not working

Discus and support Problems with PIN not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have been having problems signing into my computer using my pin, it has happened twice now. I have changed the pin but when computer is shut down... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Barry1small, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Problems with PIN not working

Have been having problems signing into my computer using my pin, it has happened twice now. I have changed the pin but when computer is shut down again and I try to login, can't get in. It prompts to use A1B2C3 to continue. I do this and I enter the pin and it works...Sounds like hacking to me...any suggestions?

:)

Barry1small, Apr 17, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Apr 17, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Problems with PIN not working

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Problems with PIN not working

1. Problems with PIN not working - Similar Threads - Problems PIN working

2. Pin problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin problems: I accidentally switched off load drivers in start-up while trying to solve problem. My windows now boots to login screen saying it cant setup a pin. I had a pin setup before I changed boot up, I cannot get past this screen. It just goes back to the same message i have booted...
  3. Pin problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin problems: I accidentally switched off load drivers in start-up while trying to solve problem. My windows now boots to login screen saying it cant setup a pin. I had a pin setup before I changed boot up, I cannot get past this screen. It just goes back to the same message i have booted...
  4. PIN problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN problem: How do I make my PIN unable to be changed in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problem/c9158a07-8ed4-4610-b66a-012ce57eb0fc
  5. PIN problem

PIN problem: How do I make my PIN unable to be changed in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problem/c9158a07-8ed4-4610-b66a-012ce57eb0fc
  6. PIN Problems

PIN Problems: I've tried changing my PIN for Windows 11, and when I finished and restarted, it gave me the "Something happened and your PIN isn't available message." Whenever I clicked "Set up my PIN", it didn't do anything....
  7. Pin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin problem: We have a new computer with Windows 11 and we want three separate accounts. Two of us signed up with no problems but the third one was rejected at the pin stage. The pin used is said to be incorrect but we can’t seem to find a way to reset. The suggested method of going to...
  8. Pin problem

Pin problem: We have a new computer with Windows 11 and we want three separate accounts. Two of us signed up with no problems but the third one was rejected at the pin stage. The pin used is said to be incorrect but we can’t seem to find a way to reset. The suggested method of going to...
  9. Pin problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin problems: Hello, I have 2 laptops: one for my office and the other for home. My home laptop is a lenovo from 2015 using Windows 10 and I access the 'surface' using my usual password. My office laptop is from June. Following a Windows update, I can no longer access this laptop's...
  10. Pin Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin Problems: Can I see the pin password to other people's computers that shares the same account as me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-problems/58667f1f-7629-497f-9afb-0f57b99899e9