Windows 10: problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...

Discus and support problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i've tried to find an answer to this numerous times but can't seem to find a solutioni run NinjaTrader8 it's a trading platform that needs to run 24/5i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wesvwap, Jul 28, 2021.

1. wesvwap Win User

problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...

i've tried to find an answer to this numerous times but can't seem to find a solutioni run NinjaTrader8 it's a trading platform that needs to run 24/5i would like to set my screen to sleep after 15minutes of no mouse activitybut i want the program to continue to update the screen plotting as if it were onwhat happens is that i go to sleep at night, the screen sleeps after 15minutes and so does the plotting update beginning the exact moment the screen goes to sleep - so that when i come in, in the morning, and move the mouse to wake the screen the chart plots are frozen at that screen sleep tim

:)

wesvwap, Jul 28, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 28, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to...

turn off display option missing in system power settings

Is your HP Envy 17t-ce000 CTO a 'Modern Standby' machine? If so, then that may explain it. From a similar question about a Dell XPS...

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/9...6130902#M14642

Thema:

1. problems with power options stopping display plot when display sleeps with computer set to... - Similar Threads - problems power options

2. Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings: I just updated my desktop computer to windows 11. Immediately the display shuts off after 30 seconds to one minute and requires me to login again. It will continue to do this indefinitely. After doing some research, I stopped the nuisance display shut off by changing the...
  3. Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings: I just updated my desktop computer to windows 11. Immediately the display shuts off after 30 seconds to one minute and requires me to login again. It will continue to do this indefinitely. After doing some research, I stopped the nuisance display shut off by changing the...
  4. Problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep function.: I have problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep.I have 2 screens.All the windows I have open, moves to the primery screen and also change size. Also icons and post-it moves over to the primary screen when I wake up the computer. Can someboby help me...
  5. Problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep function.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep function.: I have problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep.I have 2 screens.All the windows I have open, moves to the primery screen and also change size. Also icons and post-it moves over to the primary screen when I wake up the computer. Can someboby help me...
  6. Problem with Windows when the computer goes in to display sleep function.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display wakes up when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display wakes up when computer sleeps: Hi When I put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep the display keeps waking up every 50 seconds or so even though the PC remain in sleep. After the display have been awake for about 10 seconds it turns off again. Any ideas? Kind regards Mikkel Mortensen...
  8. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  9. Display Power & sleep question

Display Power & sleep question: I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power...
  10. Power problem Display and Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem Display and Sleep not working: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 16251 Custom Built Dual monitor system Have set for 1 hour display off, 2 hour sleep. Neither work. Task Manager shows 0% CPU, occasional .1 CPU. Memory 29% stable, Disk 0% Bitdefender Free, no programed scans. Any hints as where to look?...