Windows 10: problems with printer setup

Discus and support problems with printer setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating windows 10, my HP printer refuses to print from my PC. I have tried all recommended troubleshooting, but still get the message unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jud1_600, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Jud1_600 Win User

problems with printer setup

After updating windows 10, my HP printer refuses to print from my PC. I have tried all recommended troubleshooting, but still get the message unable to print due to" problem with printer setup". The copier works on its own and the HP troubleshooter failed to find anything to fix except the spooler - whatever that is. I have restarted everything a few times. Any suggestions, please?

:)

Jud1_600, Nov 17, 2019

2. wirless printer problems

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Printer Problem

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below suggestion provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below information provided.

Method 2.

In certain cases installing updated driver won’t work, so I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website in compatibility mode. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the
      drive
      r.
    Step 2.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 printer problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Step 2: I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer the link below Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. problems with printer setup - Similar Threads - problems printer setup

2. Printer setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer setup: Cannot setup my printer now that I am using windows 10 ARM on my apple with an m1 chip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup/33cc1857-f993-423a-b848-20dc6f4968b2
  3. Printer setup help

Printer setup help: I need to setup my printer preferences to print my checks in reverse order. How do I go about doing that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup-help/e26079ce-312f-4047-8ae8-8be15693eac8
  4. word can't print due to problem with printer setup

word can't print due to problem with printer setup: Hi, I am receiving numerous different messages when I try to print. Not just the one in the subject line. I also get "the specified driver is invalid", ""error code 45", "error 0x000007di". This all seems to have started after a windows update. I have gone as far as getting...
  5. scripting printer setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    scripting printer setup: I am trying to use powershell to set the default papersize on student laptops, because it is time-consuming to go through the GUI on so many computers. The standard command would be Set-PrintConfiguration -PrinterName "School printer" -PaperSize A4 This appears to run...
  6. Printer setup on LAN

Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...
  7. "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup": All drivers are updated I've cleared the spooler. I have tried everything and everything says the printer is fine. It prints from other computers but once I updated my windows 10 I was unable to print and keep receiving the above message. Please help!...
  8. Printer Setup

Printer Setup: Need assistance setting up Brother printer to work with Windows 10 on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup/8443c6a6-79ca-4eae-9b78-db8acf9f7760
  9. setup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setup problem: setup application doesn't run or work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-problem/56aae706-8c78-41ed-b43e-dfb9e47a4532
  10. printers setup

printers setup: i'm not install my hp lejer jet 1020 plus printer setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-setup/43c01617-d703-48de-90a9-9867ade25b9c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wprds cannot print due to printer set up