Windows 10: Problems with private wifi when downloading the new new update that rolled out in Oct

Discus and support Problems with private wifi when downloading the new new update that rolled out in Oct in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok I have had to pull a recovery every time this computer updates. It looks like the new one that came out in Oct. I cant run troubleshooter, It does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TammyPagan1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Problems with private wifi when downloading the new new update that rolled out in Oct

Ok I have had to pull a recovery every time this computer updates. It looks like the new one that came out in Oct. I cant run troubleshooter, It does not pull up my wife to connect. But when I pull a recovery I get it all back?

:)

TammyPagan1, Jan 9, 2019

2. New update same problem

Hi Jakub,

Since the problem surfaced after the installation of the new update, there's a possibility that a software conflict might be present. For us to determine the cause of this issue, we suggest running the sound troubleshooter to help us find and fix problems
    with playing sound. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Playing Audio.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, then we suggest performing an in-place upgrade using Media Creation Tool. Create first an installation media that you will use. Check out

Create Windows 10 installation media
    for the steps.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Problems with private wifi when downloading the new new update that rolled out in Oct

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Problems with private wifi when downloading the new new update that rolled out in Oct

1. Problems with private wifi when downloading the new new update that rolled out in Oct - Similar Threads - Problems private wifi

2. New Windows 11 update now rolling out with several AI features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 update now rolling out with several AI features: The most personal Windows 11 experience begins rolling out today Windows Experience BlogHow to get the latest Windows 11 innovations Windows Experience BlogSeptember 26, 2023—Windows configuration update - Microsoft Support>>Windows 11 devices will get new functionality at...
  3. New Year, new experiences rolling out for Yammer

in Windows 10 News
    New Year, new experiences rolling out for Yammer: Happy 2021! The Yammer team has been busy over the past several weeks and we wanted to take a moment to share some updates on previously announced features and experiences that are in the process of rolling out. Share to Yammer from SharePoint Soon, you’ll be...
  4. New settings page rolling out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New settings page rolling out?: [ATTACH] new setting page I opened settings yesterday and found the upper part changed, anyone else? I know this new layout has been presented previously, but I didn't read about the rolling out anywhere. Version 1909 OS build 18363.628 Insider Release Preview...
  5. The new Microsoft Project rolls out to customers worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Project rolls out to customers worldwide: Editor’s note 10/29/2019: Links to product pages in select international markets will be live on October 30, 2019. With Microsoft 365, the world’s productivity cloud, we’re using the power of the cloud to help people and organizations achieve more. Last year, we shared our...
  6. Microsoft rolls out another update for new Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out another update for new Edge on Windows 10: Microsoft is rolling out a new version of its Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge browser for the users in the Dev channel. Many of the improvements included in Microsoft Edge Dev are also available for Microsoft Edge Canary. The new Microsoft Edge Dev version is 76.0.152.0 and...
  7. Microsoft rolls out new Edge update for Windows 10 with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out new Edge update for Windows 10 with improvements: Chromium-powered Edge was recently launched for Windows 10 and Microsoft is working on multiple big changes for the browser, including a better privacy tool. Meanwhile, Microsoft has rolled out a new update to Edge with a slew of improvements and bug fixes. Microsoft Edge...
  8. Microsoft is rolling out a Cortana update with new design on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out a Cortana update with new design on Windows 10: It looks like a new server-side update is rolling out to Cortana in Windows 10 October 2018 Update with noticable changes. The latest server-side update to Cortana revamps the homepage interface to bring it in line with the changes that have been tested by Microsoft in...
  9. New Features Rolling Out to Xbox Insiders This Spring

in Windows 10 News
    New Features Rolling Out to Xbox Insiders This Spring: Welcome to the new year Xbox Insiders! We have many new updates for you in the coming months and today the first set of features begins rolling out to the Alpha Skip Ahead and Alpha rings. We’re adding some improvements to Xbox Game Pass Quests, smarter messages, and a few...
  10. Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft prepares to roll out new update options for Windows 10: In the Creators Update, this spring's big Windows 10 release, Microsoft is adding some new knobs and levers for managing updates, including an option to delay feature updates by up to a year. Here's what you can expect. The single most common complaint I've heard about...