Windows 10: Problems with Realtek sound distortion after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Problems with Realtek sound distortion after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a major Windows 10 update last week and started noticing garbled sound distortions on my audio. I searched the web and found other with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatGodici, Jul 28, 2019.

1. PatGodici Win User

Problems with Realtek sound distortion after Windows 10 update

I got a major Windows 10 update last week and started noticing garbled sound distortions on my audio. I searched the web and found other with this problem and followed advice for going back to Dell Support, uninstalling the Realtek Driver and reinstalling it. I have now done this twice, each time after a lengthy process and restarts, the sound comes back fine as it was before. However, after a shutdown, the sound is distorted again. It shows the 6/24/2015 updated Realtek driver and says it is working.

Any suggestions?

:)

PatGodici, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 28, 2019
  3. AnneKnapp Win User
    RealTek Sound Distortions After Windows 10 Upgrade

I too have this sound distortion problem on Windows 10 as have a lot of people surely this must be prioritised and a repairing update done as soon as possible

Have updated Realtek Audio Driver but did not cure it, I have a Vaio and it has been suggested that I update the earlier driver but my computer has warned against this. As i am not technically minded an update to correct this would be needed SOON!!!!!!!

AnneKnapp, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with Realtek sound distortion after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Problems Realtek sound

2. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  3. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  4. Distorted Audio After Windows Update Stuttering Crackling Realtek Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted Audio After Windows Update Stuttering Crackling Realtek Windows 10: PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!! This problem is all over the internet, in every Windows help forum going. It's a joke that we pay so much to use Windows then Microsoft itself ruins our computers! You should be be ashamed! How is it possible Microsoft could a allow such a...
  5. Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10: Each time my computer updates the sound on Skype gets distorted on my end and the people on other side can't hear me. So every time I have to go to DTS Audio Control and change the sound to 16 bit, 44100Hz CDQuality. Could the updates be done without affecting this issue....
  6. Sound distortion Windows 10

Sound distortion Windows 10: To all that have experienced this sound distortion after updating to 1903 Windows 10, let me give you an update. After Vanshita's reply, I tried a lot of things but basically rolled back to the earlier version of Windows 10. I now have Version 1809 Build 17763.678. After...
  7. Problem with microphone, sounds distorted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with microphone, sounds distorted.: Hi, when I am using " listen to device" everything is OK. But when i try use a Steam/Discord/TeamSpeak voice chat, most of the time is my voice drastically distorted. I have realtec sound at my MotherBoard I have Soundcard Asus Strix I updated drivers for both of them I...
  8. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...
  9. Realtek sound problem

Realtek sound problem: Hi guys, can someone help me find if there is a realtek driver for win10 that supports DTS neo. I was forced to go back to win7 for that matter. Once i used one driver that worked with win 10 but i lost it and can't find compatible now*Smile 74839
  10. Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Distorted sound after Windows 10 upgrade: Gardy here I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and lately I've been needing add-ons (headphones, external speakers) to cope with distorted sound. I'm guessing this is a software issue since my sound was working fine before. Is there a way I can fix this? Over and out!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.cohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

2. realtek distorted sound windows 10

3. realtek gives sound distortion

4. Worldhttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement?PrintView=true,
  5. realtek audio distorted,
  6. windows 10 realtek driver sound distorted,
  7. audio playback in Windows 10 sounds tinny and metallic,
  8. distorted sound realtec speakers,
  9. microsoft.cohttps://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement#,
  10. realtek distortion problems with windows 10