Windows 10: Problems with Repair/Install

Discus and support Problems with Repair/Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to do a repair/install but am running into some problems I don't know how to handle. I originally asked about this a couple of weeks back in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RhinoCan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Problems with Repair/Install

I'm trying to do a repair/install but am running into some problems I don't know how to handle. I originally asked about this a couple of weeks back in this thread: Repair/Install question - Windows 10 Forums and now finally have some time to do the repair/install.

I downloaded the Win10_1809 iso in 64-bit. Now I'd like to put in on media so that I can actually execute it. Unfortunately, when I try to use IMG_BURN to burn it on to a DVD, it tells me the file is too big by maybe 10%. I went to plan B and tried to put it on a 32GB flash drive which is nearly empty; it's got about 6 times the space I need for the ISO. But that doesn't work either! Windows tells me that the file is too big for that too!

Excuse my French but WTF?

How do I proceed? Is there some way to shoehorn the file onto a DVD or split it over two DVDs or onto the flash drive? Can I put the ISO on my external hard drive (which contains other stuff that I do NOT want to lose) and execute it from there? (The external hard drive is connected to a USB hub and the broken computer can see it fine.)

:)

RhinoCan, Jan 20, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Problems with Repair/Install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Repair/Install

1. Problems with Repair/Install - Similar Threads - Problems Repair Install

2. auto repair problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto repair problem: I have a problem when I turn on the computer, the phrase “auto repair” appears every time, even though I formatted the computer via a USB flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-repair-problem/0cb8ba79-5e0b-4a00-be7d-250e12bf5bc7
  3. Startup repair problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup repair problem: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-problem/5a73fc9c-3a2c-4e40-a553-325711376418
  4. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Problem: i tried all this way startup settings startup repair command from uninstall update but i didn't get any solutionI watch some videos related to this topic on YouTube how can I fix this problem but I didn't find any solution...
  5. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Problem: i tried all this way startup settings startup repair command from uninstall update but i didn't get any solutionI watch some videos related to this topic on YouTube how can I fix this problem but I didn't find any solution...
  6. Automatic Repair Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Repair Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install: Hey all, I want to repair install windows 10. So I download the .iso file and mounted it up in a USB Flash Drive. I had chosen a windows 10 20H2 version. So if i repair install Windows 10 through that USB Flash drive, will it delete any personal files in the partitions...
  8. Repair Install

Repair Install: If you do a repair install of Windows 10 Pro will it keep your FireFox or do you have to reinstall FireFox? I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 158395
  9. Install/Repair ?

Install/Repair ?: If I'm going to do a Rep/Inst on a fairly new W-10 Home, with 1909 on it, what iso, and where, can I use. Seems to me I need the same Version??? 151355
  10. Problem doing a Repair Install

Problem doing a Repair Install: In the beginning of performing a Repair Install, I ran into a problem which stopped me from proceeding. This window has a message on the bottom which I don't understand. Could someone please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it? To perform the repair install, I booted...