Windows 10: Problems with resolution after recent windows update

Discus and support Problems with resolution after recent windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, on Friday my laptop started an automatic windows update, on Saturday when I used it again the resolution on my screen seemed to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MartinMT03, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Problems with resolution after recent windows update

As the title says, on Friday my laptop started an automatic windows update, on Saturday when I used it again the resolution on my screen seemed to have lowered somewhat. When watching YouTube I didn't see a difference between playing the video in 720p and 1080p and when watching videos in 1080p I often got the weird flickering effect that you get when watching a video in higher resolution that you display, which is weird since my display is supposed to be 1920x1080. I have gone through all possible settings and made sure my resolution is at that. I have updated both Intel and Nvidia drivers, I also tried reinstalling windows (I kept my personal files) but its still somewhat blurry. I just installed the recent windows update, 1099 or something like that, but still the screen feels like it's displaying everything in a little less resolution than 1080p. Are anyone having a similar problem, or know of a fix? Thanks

submitted by /u/MartinMT03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MartinMT03, Mar 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Watashi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Problems with resolution after recent windows update

Window 10 recent update resolution problem

Hi Hawdongho,

I appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to change the resolution of the screen and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the desktop. Click on Display Settings.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings.
    • Then try to change the resolution to recommended one.
    If you want to change the color/brightness then you can refer the steps below.

Select Start, enter Display, select
    Display settings from the list of results, and then use the slider or turn the automatic adjustment on or off.

Note: If you don't see the slider, or if moving the slider doesn't change the brightness, try updating your display driver. Here's how: Select the Start button,
    enter (type) Device Manager, select Device Manager from the list of results, expand Display adapters, right-click (or press and hold) the name of the driver (each manufacturer has a different name), and then
    select Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Problems with resolution after recent windows update

1. Problems with resolution after recent windows update - Similar Threads - Problems resolution recent

2. Unable to output 4k resolution potentially after recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to output 4k resolution potentially after recent update.: A colleague and I have been using 4k external monitors with our windows 11 dell laptops for the last month, for which we've been able to set the correct resolution. However, at some point in the last week we've both lost the ability to set any resolution above 1080p for the...
  3. Unable to output 4k resolution potentially after recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to output 4k resolution potentially after recent update.: A colleague and I have been using 4k external monitors with our windows 11 dell laptops for the last month, for which we've been able to set the correct resolution. However, at some point in the last week we've both lost the ability to set any resolution above 1080p for the...
  4. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  5. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  6. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  8. Speaker problems after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaker problems after recent update: After last night when i shut my pc down for a windows update im having this issue with my speakers. I cant play sound out of my speakers. To be more specific its not even letting me use them to play sound. If i try to play a spotify song, spotify just tells me that the song...
  9. Resolution problem after driver update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resolution problem after driver update: I used app called "Driver Booster" to upgrade my drivers. After upgrading few of them my resolution became wider,letters blurred, and my pc is working so slow it took me 3 minutes to open google chrome... As you can see i cant move icons to the full right,like there is...
  10. Problem after updating windows 10 recently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after updating windows 10 recently: After updating my OS to the Windows 10 yestoday, I have encounted two problem with my laptop . 1) After booting ang login, my PC primary moniter just displayed black screen. It will take more than 10 minuters, the display will work again. 2) There is no signal to my...