Windows 10: problems with resolution

Discus and support problems with resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I play Call of duty: Warzone my screen turns black and changes the resolution of my screen, the Xbox game bar becomes really big and I cant fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OllieSharpling, Mar 22, 2021.

1. problems with resolution

When I play Call of duty: Warzone my screen turns black and changes the resolution of my screen, the Xbox game bar becomes really big and I cant fix it, I think it started after i pressed run in safe mode after not closing the game properly, in my video settings n the game, my render resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 which is my display resolution in windows settings and it also makes my game look really bad

please help

:)

OllieSharpling, Mar 22, 2021

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Mar 22, 2021
  4. problems with resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

problems with resolution

1. problems with resolution - Similar Threads - problems resolution

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  5. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  6. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESOLUTION PROBLEM: so when i check in my display settings in my display menu it shows that "optimum mode resolution 1920x1080" but when i want to change the resolution through windows i says it only supports 1024x768 what do i do? monitor model: Samsung S22C170...
  8. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

RESOLUTION PROBLEM: so when i check in my display settings in my display menu it shows that "optimum mode resolution 1920x1080" but when i want to change the resolution through windows i says it only supports 1024x768 what do i do? monitor model: Samsung S22C170...
  9. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Display/Resolution Problem

Display/Resolution Problem: Hello, I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 laptop with Windows 11 which I bought recently, and I've been facing a really weird problem: I sometimes can't change resolution because the option is grayed out: I enter the display settings, right before the resolution...