Windows 10: Problems with restored data

Discus and support Problems with restored data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey everyone , i recently Accidentally deleted my user folder by mistake, i tried to restore my files with shadow explorer but when i try to open JPEG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by confo, Sep 18, 2020.

1. confo Win User

Problems with restored data

hey everyone , i recently Accidentally deleted my user folder by mistake, i tried to restore my files with shadow explorer but when i try to open JPEG file, i get this error: "we can't open this file" , or an distorted image
    can someone explain me what to do that the files will open as they used to?

:)

confo, Sep 18, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2020
  3. MPREv Win User
    Clearing (and restoring) Private data

Hi I have some Questions about „cleaning“ up or removing personal/private data & configuration from a Windows 10 PC.

It is about a PC that should be sent to the Vendor to get repaired.
    It is not my PC but from a friend.
    Usually in such a case I would create an image from the System and reset the OS to factory settings to wipe the data/settings.
    But this time I don’t have enough space (and will not have time for it) (Don’t need suggestions for Imaging).

The normal Data (documents, pictures …) are regularly saved / backup so not needed to be saved additionally.
    The goal would be removing / backing up the personal Data (in a fast and space saving way) to have them removed and make it possible to put them back, but not deleting /removing the installed Programs, applications and Games (Win32).

From my experience with Windows 7 or Older PCs I would also:

• Browser: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Mail Program: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Change User password (easy to restore)

But as for Windows 10 there are some new … implications about the

• connected Microsoft account
    • and the Apps

How to deal with them?
    How to remove / disconnect them in a way I can restore afterwards again?

MPREv, Sep 18, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Problems with restored data [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with restored data - Similar Threads - Problems restored data

2. Restore app data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  3. Restore data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore data: Hi, someone completed a factory reset on my business computer in error. I seem to have lost all my data and files. I really need to get everything back to how it was prior to the factory reset. Windows is in the process of resintalling. Is there anyway I can do this? If so,...
  4. Restore data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore data: Hi, someone completed a factory reset on my business computer in error. I seem to have lost all my data and files. I really need to get everything back to how it was prior to the factory reset. Windows is in the process of resintalling. Is there anyway I can do this? If so,...
  5. Restore data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Data restoring

Data restoring: Can i restore my data after a boot error code 0xc000014c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-restoring/dab64e91-675b-4ed6-a0e1-2a1032e3a5af
  7. Restore backup data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  8. Problem With Restore of Dynamic Disk Data, Not the Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem With Restore of Dynamic Disk Data, Not the Boot Drive: This is also posted on Windows Seven Forums. The question is whether or not at this point I would be better off trying to restore data to a fresh install of Windows 10. Please read description below of what happened 64 bit OS Windows 7 ASUS MBAMD Processor 16 Gig of RAM1 SSD...
  9. restoring data on a thumb

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring data on a thumb: i have a kingston thumb drive that is the metal encased one. i have tons of files and just now when i was copying some files to it i got some error messages about coping some pictures and then when that finished all of a sudden i can't access the drive. it show on the pc when...
  10. Restoring Apps and Data

Restoring Apps and Data: Backed up my C:\ drive containing Windows 10 Home and all my other apps and the downloads I don't want to delete*. Synched personal files drive with another PC. While I was in the midst of doing something else the PC began installing Windows 10 Version 1803 x64 and there...