Windows 10: Problems with S/MIME on OWA website

Discus and support Problems with S/MIME on OWA website in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of messages regarding this problem. I even talked to my computer experts at work and nobody can fix this problem. When I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nta164, May 18, 2019.

1. nta164 Win User

Problems with S/MIME on OWA website

I have seen a lot of messages regarding this problem. I even talked to my computer experts at work and nobody can fix this problem. When I use the owa.us.af.mil to read my messages, I can't read the ones that are encrypted. I have tried to download s/mime and it doesn't work. I have been working this problem for at least 2 months with no solution. When is Microsoft going to fix this bug? The best article I have seen on this was posted by Jeremy Nickel on 19 May 2019 and still didn't fix my problem. There is not Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10. I have Windows 10 and use Microsoft edge. I tried downloading s/mime for internet explorer and still didn't work. Do I need to revert to Windows 7 to have to use the junky Internet Explorer. Please advise. There is not even a workaround this.

:)

nta164, May 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 IE 11 S/MIME Issues with OWA.

I had posted a response to a question about this topic back in April 2017 and since the post is locked, I wanted to pass on some updated information for those that me require it. I'm posting those same steps as before but have added an additional step which
    is to install the latest DoD Root Certificates.

I resolved this issue with opening digitally signed and encrypted emails with OWA on Windows 10 using IE 11 by performing the following steps.

1. Download the InstallRoot utility from DISA IASE and install the latest DoD Root Certificates.

2. Open 32 bit Internet Explorer.

3. Click the gear icon located on the top right corner of the browser.

4. Select Safety menu and then turn on ActiveX Filtering by selecting it.

5. Click the gear icon again.

6. Select internet options.

7. Select security, trusted sites, and then click the sites button.

8. Add the URL of your OWA to the trusted list. i.e.
    https://osan.mail.us.af.mil

9. If you have issues sending emails, you may need to add an underlying URL, like
    https://web.mail.us.af.mil. or
    https://web.mail.mil. This step was not required for me, but may be required for others.

10. Navigate to your OWA site.

11. At the top of the URL bar, you should see a circle with a diagonal line through it.

12. Click that circle and then click Turn Off ActiveX Filtering. If you don't do this for the OWA site, you will not be able to download, or use S/MIME.

13. Verify S/MIME is installed by going to the OWA options, see all options, settings, S/MIME.

14. Download and install if required, otherwise you should see the two checkboxes for sign and encrypt.

15. A final step if you are still having issues would be to add site to your compatibility view options. I did not have to perform this step.

16. After performing all of these steps, close your browser and reopen for changes to take effect.

Hope this helps!

Jeremy Nickel

Plans and Programs Flight Superintendent

jeremynickel, May 18, 2019
  3. S/MIME Issues with IE 11

I resolved this issue with opening digitally signed and encrypted emails with OWA on Windows 10 using IE 11 by performing the following steps.

1. Open 32 bit Internet Explorer.

2. Click the gear icon located on the top right corner of the browser.

3. Select Safety menu and then turn on ActiveX Filtering by selecting it.

4. Click the gear icon again.

5. Select internet options.

6. Select security, trusted sites, and then click the sites button.

7. Add the URL of your OWA to the trusted list. i.e.
    https://osan.mail.us.af.mil

Edit: 7.A. If you have issues sending emails, you may need to add an underlying URL, like
    https://web.mail.us.af.mil. or
    https://web.mail.mil. This step was not required for me, but may be required for others.

8. Navigate to your OWA site.

9. At the top of the URL bar, you should see a circle with a diagonal line through it.

10. Click that circle and then click Turn Off ActiveX Filtering. If you don't do this for the OWA site, you will not be able to download, or use S/MIME.

11. Verify S/MIME is installed by going to the OWA options, see all options, settings, S/MIME.

12. Download and install if required, otherwise you should see the two checkboxes for sign and encrypt.

13. A final step if you are still having issues would be to add site to your compatibility view options. I did not have to perform this step.

Edit: 14. forgot to mention. After performing all of these steps, close your browser and reopen for changes to take effect.

Hope this helps!

Jeremy Nickel

Network Operations Flight Superintendent

jeremynickel, May 18, 2019
  4. Problems with S/MIME on OWA website

Mime problems???

I have been experiencing problems when I reply or forward certain emails. I get this message along with a lot of gibberish:

This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages.

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=

JohnBouman, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Problems with S/MIME on OWA website

1. Problems with S/MIME on OWA website - Similar Threads - Problems MIME OWA

2. PROBLEM IN THE WEBSITE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEM IN THE WEBSITE: MY PC IS VERY SLOW GENERALLY EVERY TIME I OPEN THE BROWSER/SOFTWARES I GOT NOT RESPONDING POP UPAND ONLY AFTER FEW MINUTES THEY OPEN ALSO WHWN I SAVE FILES ALSO WHAT DOES IT MEAN THIS MESSAGE SAY WHEN I'M IN THE WEBSITE AND HE STUCKS ALL THE TIME !!!!!!!!...
  3. Outlook, OWA, no connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook, OWA, no connection: HelloI get the following Error by trying to access Outlook by OWA as usual."X-OWA-Error System.MissingMethodException X-OWA-Version 15.20.6500.46 X-FEServer SN7PR04CA0012 X-BEServer SN1PR07MB4110 Date:25.06.2023 06:58:03"Did Microsoft know that OWA is broeken?Regards*****...
  4. Outlook, OWA, no connection

Outlook, OWA, no connection: HelloI get the following Error by trying to access Outlook by OWA as usual."X-OWA-Error System.MissingMethodException X-OWA-Version 15.20.6500.46 X-FEServer SN7PR04CA0012 X-BEServer SN1PR07MB4110 Date:25.06.2023 06:58:03"Did Microsoft know that OWA is broeken?Regards*****...
  5. S/MIME Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S/MIME Windows 8.1: Hi,I have a problem with installing S/MIME certyficate from PFX file.On my PC Windows 10 I can install it without any problem.But on client PC Windows 8.1 it says that password is incorrect two cases.Last year I didn't have any problem to install it on windows 8.1.When I try...
  6. S/MIME Windows 8.1

S/MIME Windows 8.1: Hi,I have a problem with installing S/MIME certyficate from PFX file.On my PC Windows 10 I can install it without any problem.But on client PC Windows 8.1 it says that password is incorrect two cases.Last year I didn't have any problem to install it on windows 8.1.When I try...
  7. can8 log in to owa

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can8 log in to owa: I want to delete a device where maximum is 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can8-log-in-to-owa/f081ef47-c6c2-4444-b894-a15edafe7a86
  8. How to Install an S/MIME Certificate to Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install an S/MIME Certificate to Windows Mail: How to Install an S/MIME Certificate to the Windows Mail app that comes with windows 10! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-an-smime-certificate-to-windows/8905b299-47f4-47a6-9f35-9a4e45ceb269
  9. Cannot read Encrypted emails on OWA website using S/MIME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot read Encrypted emails on OWA website using S/MIME: I have seen a lot of messages regarding this problem. I even talked to my computer experts at work and nobody can fix this problem. When I use the owa.us.af.mil to read my messages, I can't read the ones that are encrypted. I have tried to download s/mime and it doesn't work....
  10. Problem With Website

in Browsers and Email
    Problem With Website: A website that I would like to get into isn't working. This is what is at the top. [img] Now, what exactly does this mean? *Banghead 32758

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with s/mime on owa website

2. mail.mil owa active x settings

3. air force webmail smime issues

4. owa webmail us army login,
  5. cant access owa webmail,
  6. mail.mil webmail login owa,
  7. problems with OWA and edge,
  8. accessing encrypted email dod owa,
  9. download s/mime 5 activex control,
  10. s/mime not working in ie 11,
  11. s/mime doesnt work owa,