Windows 10: Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".

Discus and support Problems with "Save results of C Drive search". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using the Search facility a lot at the moment as I'm setting up a new laptop. There are two problems - (1) the "Save results doesn't work" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".

I'm using the Search facility a lot at the moment as I'm setting up a new laptop.

There are two problems - (1) the "Save results doesn't work" and (2) if there are say ten results, I'll click on the first one and if it's not what I'm searching for, I have to look at the other nine. But as soon as I click on the second result, it start the Search all over again.

Is that a workaround please?

:)

Taffy087, Aug 28, 2019

2. Save cortana search results

after entering search criteria and viewing the results, i find no place where i can save the search results list so that i can use the same list again and again as i locate the information im looking for. thanks for ur help

Original Title: cortana search

gary berry, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Chris{UK} Win User
    Save cortana search results

I am also having difficulty with the current version of Windows 10.

When I use the Cortana search facility to locate documents or images saved by me on my hard drive it locates them fine.

I used to be able to save the results of that search using Explorer but that facility is no longer available.

There does not seem to be a way to save all the results of a search so that I can go back to it and open each document or image it has found matching my search criteria.

As soon as I click on one of the results in the list all of the other results disappear as the window closes. Only the selected result remains. Previously I could go back to my saved results and open each one individually with a click. Now I have to re-run
    the search each time.

This is a definite retrograde 'development' and has reduced the productivity and usefulness of using Windows as a filing system which can be searched and sub-searched.

Chris{UK}, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".

WIN10 search not returning results from indexed drive

Greetings

Windows 10 taskbar (Cortana) search is not returning results from an indexed drive. Both the C and D drives are indexed (specific Locations) and task bar search returns results from everywhere but the D drive. However, if I search via file manager search
    returns all the results.

I have tried

• rebuilding the index
    • stating and stopping the service
    • running the troubleshooter (find a permissions problem)
    The machine is fully patched with the latest release.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

THX Paul

PaulCramer, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".

1. Problems with "Save results of C Drive search". - Similar Threads - Problems Save results

2. Search result in Settings problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search result in Settings problem.: So, the search result in Settings is not showed in my main profile, But the other profile, The search result in Settings is showed as you can see in the image. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Search result in Settings problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search result in Settings problem.: So, the search result in Settings is not showed in my main profile, But the other profile, The search result in Settings is showed as you can see in the image. Can anyone help me?...
  4. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  5. Search results on external drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results on external drive?: Hello everyone :) I have plugged an external HDD to my pc. I then open the drive folder. When I search for a specific file in the drive folder, using the standard Windows search function. Will it then also search and show results from: The recycle bin on the external drive?...
  6. Can't save to C: drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save to C: drive.: I have a Windows 10 HP Laptop. Every time I try to save to my c: drive, I get an error message saying access denied. I am the only user and the Administrator. I checked settings for access, sharing, etc. Help!...
  7. problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10: I need to find many documents and folders to use when I set up a new laptop so I'm searching the C Drive on this laptop. The first search brought up many results and I saved the search - the first time that I used it & I thought it was a great tool. I checked the first...
  8. print/save as .txt explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print/save as .txt explorer search results: Good Day all I'm hoping there is a way to save what explorer finds into a text file or even excel. i have a bunch of music scaterd on a few drives and would like to know what is where and sort out dupes all help is greatly appreciated I was able to do it with tree...
  9. search results - cannot save view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    search results - cannot save view settings: Hi, I have to ask this because this is the most frustrating issue on Windows 10 to me. It really needs an update to fix this. When searching in a folder, the search results view is always "Content". If I want "Details" view, I have to change to "Details" after every...
  10. Search and Save Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Search and Save Problems: I'm not tech savvy nor do I pretend to understand much of the content in this forum; however, I'm trying really hard to like Windows 10 (Edge) and think I'm missing something. I came from Win7 and have spent the last three days using Windows 10. I do a lot of research and...