Windows 10: Problems with scrolling

Discus and support Problems with scrolling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When scrolling on a page i get a purple shade over the words. When i stop scrolling it disappears. I also get different colors depending on the pages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by genee, Nov 7, 2020.

1. genee Win User

Problems with scrolling

When scrolling on a page i get a purple shade over the words. When i stop scrolling it disappears. I also get different colors depending on the pages. Win version 20h2 os build 19042.572

:)

genee, Nov 7, 2020
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 7, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problems with scrolling

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Problems with scrolling

1. Problems with scrolling - Similar Threads - Problems scrolling

2. Really big problem with scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really big problem with scrolling: In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving the screen up/down any more. I can use the up/down arrow to move the screen up and down but it's pretty tiresome on a long...
  3. Scrolling Problem + additional

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Problem + additional: Hey guys, I got a problem. Whenever I click something anywhere, It highlights the icon that is at the most down (zoom for me) and also, when I try to scroll up it keeps scrolling down. I tried to reboot, but instead it kept scrolling down at the region choosing menu. I tried...
  4. Laptop auto scroll problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop auto scroll problem: My laptop is auto scrolling. That's why i can't work on my laptop for this problem. there is nothing that i can do about it. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-auto-scroll-problem/ddbb207f-06fb-4861-a329-6ae310186a2e
  5. Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problem - plugging in my charger makes my mouse scroll up!: Hey guys! Having a weird problem I'm hoping you can help me with. I'm an amateur photographer. I'm often looking at large batches of thumbnails in a Windows explorer window. Every time I plug in my laptop (Acer Swift 3) the Windows explorer window instantly scrolls up to the...
  6. Mouse scroll problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll problem: My mouse scroll doesnt work in active windows. However, when i click once on the desktop and try the "scroll inactive windows" feature it scrolls only when clicking desktop. I need help as it is very inconvenient being unable to scroll in an avtice window...
  7. Problem with my scroll wheel

Problem with my scroll wheel: Hi, so my scroll wheel seems to keep scrolling up a couple of lines when i'm scrolling down and vice versa. it's very irritating and i'm just wondering if there is a fix to this. I'm running on Windows 10 on a 64 bit. Hope you can help...
  8. Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays

Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays: I've been having this issue with my touch pad for about a month now - or it could have been longer because I generally use a wireless mouse and not the touch pad. It started with me not being able to scroll with two fingers ONLY in the Start Menu. I searched for other...
  9. having a problem with going down navigation line on facebook-cannot scroll down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    having a problem with going down navigation line on facebook-cannot scroll down: cannot scroll down on facebook pages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-with-going-down-navigation-line/82dac8d3-be3e-4bb8-94f8-7055d22cecf6
  10. I am having problems with my sounds,my scroll wheel and other things

I am having problems with my sounds,my scroll wheel and other things: Dear Microsoft I have this problem where everytime i click on the sound icon on the bottom right of my screen it automatically goes down to 0.I have tried updating the drivers and reseting my pc but that didn't work.But the sound isn't the only problem.I have one with my...