Windows 10: Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper

Discus and support Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded to Windows 10 again ( 3rd time- I'm a sucker for punishment). My first problem surrounds the search function and although I can key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by holein1, Aug 28, 2015.

1. holein1 Win User

Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 again ( 3rd time- I'm a sucker for punishment). My first problem surrounds the search function and although I can key in my search request there is no enter button to activate the search. Secondly I've tried several methods to change my desktop wallpaper but after entering the theme I want nothing happens. It's really frustrating that after more than 30 days after Windows 10 became availability there are still several problems with it. Can anybody help?

:)

holein1, Aug 28, 2015

2. What happens if you do not activate Windows 10 within 30 days

Well, they will continue to function and receive updates but you won't be able to customize the operating system.

For instance, lock screen and background and wallpaper settings will be grayed out.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2015
  3. _Sparks Win User
    Background randomly changes to a dotted background. Goes back to normal when going into Task View

LOL Thanks.

It randomly occurs. I put a slideshow of different wallpapers for the background. When this problem occurred the slideshow stopped and so I had the same background. I updated my graphics driver and set
    a single wallpaper and haven't encountered this problem yet...

Is this bug set to be fixed in an upcoming update btw?

_Sparks, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper

1. Problems with search function and setting background wallpaper - Similar Threads - Problems search function

2. Setting Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Wallpaper Problem: First of all, sorry for my bad EnglishI have encountered a quite annoying thing about setting wallpaper.Let say if I have a folder with hundreds of pictures, I scroll down to the bottom and found the one I like. But if I select "set this pic as wallpaper", the folder will...
  3. Setting Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Wallpaper Problem: First of all, sorry for my bad EnglishI have encountered a quite annoying thing about setting wallpaper.Let say if I have a folder with hundreds of pictures, I scroll down to the bottom and found the one I like. But if I select "set this pic as wallpaper", the folder will...
  4. Searching about the wallpaper for my background computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching about the wallpaper for my background computer: Hi everyone who read this post, I am searching the wallpaper for windows vista, but I can't see. Can you give me some wallpaper from background of windows vista...
  5. Searching about the wallpaper for my background computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching about the wallpaper for my background computer: Hi everyone who read this post, I am searching the wallpaper for windows vista, but I can't see. Can you give me some wallpaper from background of windows vista...
  6. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  7. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on

in Windows 10 Support
    Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is on: I'm running Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.388 I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that...
  8. Background wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background wallpaper: In Windows 7 you could set a sideshow as a Main Folder and it would pick up all subsidiary folders also, so that the random shots would trawl through all folders. In Windows 10 it seems you can only nominate 1 folder. Is there a way around that? Thx...
  9. wallpaper/backgrounds

wallpaper/backgrounds: My win 10 home edition will not let me change my wallpaper anymore since the Oct. update. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet and none of them work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaperbackgrounds/af486ca3-6b31-4d3e-a8d0-68eab56808ef
  10. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly: I've put my desktop background to change the wallpaper every day, but it changes 2 or 3 times daily. I can't seem to find a solution for this anywhere, so now I ask, is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...